- Moments after President Barack Obama announced that he accepted former Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki's resignation, Congress members took to Twitter to share their thoughts. Judging by their tweets, it seems that many agree that while ousting Shinseki could be one step forward, it is only the first of many needed to cause necessary change within the VA.
- — Jerry Moran (@JerryMoran)Fri, May 30 2014 15:28:29
- — Jerry Moran (@JerryMoran)Fri, May 30 2014 15:28:47
- — Mark Warner (@MarkWarner)Fri, May 30 2014 15:22:49I honor Gen Shinseki's service & support his decision to go. Now we must focus on fixing VA. Our veterans deserve our best efforts.
- — Shelley Moore Capito (@RepShelley)Fri, May 30 2014 15:44:51The resignation of Secretary Eric Shinseki is coming too late for thousands of veterans who have been let down by the VA.
- — Patrick Meehan (@RepMeehan)Fri, May 30 2014 15:29:37
- — Rep Rick Crawford (@RepRickCrawford)Fri, May 30 2014 16:00:43I don't celebrate Gen. Shinseki's resignation. His service to our country should make us all proud & grateful. He did what needed to be done
- — U.S. Rep. Bob Latta (@boblatta)Fri, May 30 2014 16:01:21
- — Rep. Martha Roby (@RepMarthaRoby)Fri, May 30 2014 15:31:45President Obama right to allow Sec Shinseki to step down. Message must be sent at the VA that failing our veterans will not be tolerated.
Pols respond to Shinseki resignation