- This joint ATCM/IPM event was kindly hosted by the Manchester Metropolitan University.
- The event coincided with the tabling of the Local Government Finance Bill just one week before. This Bill includes 100% business rates retention, the extension of Property Owner BIDs outside of London, Local Growth Zones for high streets and the infrastrcuture levy for Mayors.
- We got top notch contributors to the event from different fields. The event brought together, Councils, BIDs, policy-makers, academics, retail property owners and a video message from the Shadow Minister for Local Government and Devolution.
- — Dr Steve Millington (@DrSDMillington)Thu, Jan 19 2017 16:57:54
- Delegates turned up in large numbers and tuned in to the excellent content.
- ATCM provided an overview, outlining why Local Government Finance matters to our industry.
- — Dr Steve Millington (@DrSDMillington)Fri, Jan 20 2017 11:26:56
- Nick Cooper, a leading architect behind the rates reform, provided excellent insight into the mechanisms being put in place.
- — IPM (@PlaceManagement)Fri, Jan 20 2017 12:20:10
Local Growth in an Era of Fiscal Devolution
The 2016/17 Local Government Finance Bill means a move to 100% rates retention, Property Owner BIDs and Local Growth Zones for high streets in England. This event explored what this means for economic development.
byOjay_McDonald5 Likes206 Views