- On Monday, October 30 at 9:00 pm EST, the OAC hosted its first-ever Tweet Chat in conjunction with National Obesity Care Week.
- The title of the Tweet Chat was appropriately titled: Changing the Way We Care about Obesity - it Starts with Tackling Weight Bias! The goal of the chat was to hear from people affected by obesity, healthcare providers, policy makers and more and to have an honest conversation about this important, pervasive topic.
- Check out some of the Tweet Chat highlights below!
- — The Weight Debate (@WeightDebate)Tue, Oct 31 2017 00:57:21It’s essential to stop #fatshaming, #weightstigma. This #OACchat can help. https://twitter.com/obesityaction/status/925162939304341504 …
- — Smart Patients (@smart_patients)Tue, Oct 31 2017 01:05:09
- — Bariatric Foodie (@BariatricFoodie)Tue, Oct 31 2017 01:47:26I feel like when you assume people's capability or intelligence based on their weight that's DEFINITELY bias. #oacchat
- — Zaher Toumi MD (@ZaherToumi)Tue, Oct 31 2017 01:08:48One example of #weightbias in the UK. Preventing access to treatment for other conditions for people affected by #obesity. #OW2017 #OACchat https://twitter.com/ZaherToumi/status/911635111485026305 …
- — Zaher Toumi MD (@ZaherToumi)Tue, Oct 31 2017 01:09:01
- — Michelle Vicari (@Eggface)Tue, Oct 31 2017 01:12:56This! A person's weight has nothing to do w/their character, credentials, talents, leadership contributions to society #OACChat https://twitter.com/tammigoffphotos/status/925168450179174400 …
- — Janet Childerhose (@JEChilderhose)Tue, Oct 31 2017 01:10:55Q1. Tacit assumptions that obesity can be a target--for ridicule, bullying, differential treatment. #OACchat
- — The Weight Debate (@WeightDebate)Tue, Oct 31 2017 01:13:52A1- in the U.K. it’s about the cost, and the moral judgment explicit in #weightbias. #oacchat. https://twitter.com/zahertoumi/status/925167694390972417 …
- — Seeking Slender (@SeekingSlender)Tue, Oct 31 2017 01:14:52
OAC Tweet Chat: Changing the Way We Care about Obesity - It Starts with Tackling Weight Bias!
Inaugural OAC-hosted Tweet Chat on Weight Bias in conjunction with National Obesity Care Week
byObesity Action Coalition81 Views