- The hashtag gained a fair bit of momentum and a handful of people on it started calling out Amazon for selling Roosh's books, which are basically rape manuals. He talks about pushing women when they say no and talks about sleeping with women who are too drunk to give consent.
- I wrote a bit more about Roosh V and his relationship to GamerGate over on What Is GamerGate Currently Ruining.
- — Sarah Nyberg (@srhbutts)Sun, Aug 16 2015 07:09:12@NoraReed not just our time. as katherine said, the idea that they're not entitled to pin us to a wall and scream at us is a moral outrage
- (Sarah Nyberg is a fucking gem and if you aren't following her you should be.)
- — Nora Reed (@NoraReed)Sun, Aug 16 2015 07:06:02There's a reason that there's so much overlap between r/KotakuInAction and r/MensRights: they're both misogynists pretending to be activists
- — Nora Reed (@NoraReed)Sun, Aug 16 2015 07:07:29And though the folks in the "manosphere" are some of the most toxic examples of this attitude, it's endemic to our culture. #RooshIsARapist
- — Nora Reed (@NoraReed)Sun, Aug 16 2015 07:10:35They're deeply invested in women being afraid to say "no" to harassers. To being able to interrupt women & demand attention. #RooshIsARapist
- — Nora Reed (@NoraReed)Sun, Aug 16 2015 07:12:26
- — Nora Reed (@NoraReed)Sun, Aug 16 2015 07:16:01Acting like GamerGate is anything but a hate movement run by men who think they're entitled to ruin women's lives enables that culture.
- — Nora Reed (@NoraReed)Sun, Aug 16 2015 07:18:12
- — Nora Reed (@NoraReed)Sun, Aug 16 2015 07:23:29The tacit support from major corporations shows how little they care about women in general. (Of course, so do their diversity numbers.)
- — Nora Reed (@NoraReed)Sun, Aug 16 2015 07:25:36
Male entitlement, GamerGate, MRAs, PUAs and #RooshIsARapist
It's been about 24 hours since I started getting the #RooshIsARapist ball rolling, & its acquired a life of its own. I originally made it because I kept seeing news outlets referring to Roosh as a "controversial blogger"; which is so vague and weasel-wordy that it's basically meaningless.
byNorapinephrine1 Like577 Views