- Lauri Love is a computer scientist from Stradishall in the UK who has a long history of political activism. He played a prominent role in the student and Occupy movements in Glasgow during 2011-12.
Lauri is facing potential extradition to the United States for his alleged involvement in #OpLastResort, the series of online protests that followed the persecution and untimely death of Aaron Swartz. Effectively, he is being pursued by the US criminal justice system for allegedly protesting abuses of that same system, with prosecutors in three US court districts accusing Lauri of hacking into various government websites.
For a summary of day 2 of Lauri's extradition hearing, click here.
Press regarding today's case
- — stefania maurizi (@SMaurizi)Tue, Jun 28 2016 07:51:05"We burned our witches, don’t crucify our geeks". MUST read .@couragefound on @LauriLoveX extradition case https://freelauri.com/2016/06/27/history-repeats-itself-as-lauri-love-fights-extradition-to-the-united-states/ …
- — Courage Foundation (@couragefound)Tue, Jun 28 2016 07:56:38TODAY: Lauri Love's extradition hearing begins. His father spoke to the BBC about the extradition case: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/lauri-love-extradition-father-of-son-with-aspergers-says-he-fears-he-will-kill-himself-a7106851.html …
- — Courage Foundation (@couragefound)Tue, Jun 28 2016 08:28:48The Mirror: Asperger's syndrome Brit accused of hacking US Army and FBI vows to fight 'barbaric' extradition http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/aspergers-syndrome-brit-accused-hacking-8298819 …
- — Courage Foundation (@couragefound)Tue, Jun 28 2016 08:30:10BBC: Lauri Love case: US to seek extradition over hacking allegations http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-36649095 …
- — Independent Voices (@IndyVoices)Tue, Jun 28 2016 07:57:57Lauri Love, who faces extradition to the US today, writes for us on the future of hacking and the danger of teens http://ind.pn/1Ob2cRA
- — Courage Foundation (@couragefound)Tue, Jun 28 2016 08:57:52As his case commences, read this piece on @LauriLoveX in The Telegraph: "A hacker's fight against extradition" http://s.telegraph.co.uk/graphics/projects/hacker-lauri-love-extradition/index.html …
- — BBC World Edition (@BBCWorldEdition)Tue, Jun 28 2016 12:16:32Lauri Love case: US to seek extradition over hacking allegations http://ift.tt/28Zarx0
- — Mustafa Al-Bassam (@musalbas)Tue, Jun 28 2016 09:10:03The defence has submitted new evidence overnight from Joshua Dratel, Ross Ulbricht's lawyer, who will be an expert witness. #LauriLove
- — ~✿~I'm Pouting~✿~ (@NicolePowers)Tue, Jun 28 2016 09:23:37#FreeLauri: Mr Cooper notes that alleged co-conspirators were dealt w/ by the Australian legal system without an extradition request from US
- — ~✿~I'm Pouting~✿~ (@NicolePowers)Tue, Jun 28 2016 09:19:49#FreeLauri: Mr Cooper notes how unusual it is for a single extradition hearing to deal w/ 3 sets of charges in 3 different US jurisdictions
- — Mustafa Al-Bassam (@musalbas)Tue, Jun 28 2016 09:22:11Prosecutor: a confidential FBI source had access to the chat room where Lauri Love was conducting the attacks.
Lauri Love Extradition Hearing, Day 1
Summary of day 1 of the extradition hearing of Lauri Love, 28 June 2016
byFree Lauri Love2,129 Views