WHAT IS NATURE ALERT?
- In the summer of 2015, the EU Commission began considering whether to rewrite the vital laws that protect Europe’s wildlife and nature. They asked citizens what we think. And we let them know!
- But the campaign isn’t over – The European Commission has stalled for months and with every tick of the clock, Nature is being destroyed. Even the European Commission’s own evaluation has deemed these laws “fit for purpose”, meaning that they are good – just as they are! Now finally, on December 7, all 28 European Commissioners are expected to debate the fate of the Nature Directives.
- To make sure we get the result that Nature needs, we must show the key Commissioners that we are all still on high ‘Nature Alert’ – and tell them we expect them not to tamper with these laws but to protect them and ensure that they are better funded and better implemented. So join us and tell them NOW! Go to our website to send a message to the three key European Commissioners and show your support for Nature.
- ➡ December 2016: Nature dodges bullet: huge public campaign saves EU nature laws
- ➡ September 2016: A call on Vice-President Timmermans to free the Nature Directives
- ➡ September 2016: It's autumn, free the Nature Directives!
- ➡ June 2016: Environment Ministers speak up for Nature laws
- ➡ Jan. 2016: WE DID IT: European Parliament votes for nature
- ➡ Dec. 2015: Positive response from environment ministers
- ➡ Jul. 2015: Consultation Ends: 520,324 voices for nature
- 🍁 TESTIMONIES: citizens share their favourite Natura 2000 sites!
🏁 7 December:
Thank you all supporters of Nature Alert!