WHAT IS NATURE ALERT?
- In the summer of 2015, the EU Commission began considering whether to rewrite the vital laws that protect Europe’s wildlife and nature. They asked citizens what we think. And we let them know!
- But the campaign isn’t over – the Commission is keeping its options open and the future of laws that protect nearly a quarter of EU land is in doubt.
- Here’s the story of the campaign so far. Follow us to see what happens next and find below the latest news.
- ➡ September 2016: It's autumn, free the Nature Directives!
- ➡ June 2016: Environment Ministers speak up for Nature laws
- ➡ Jan. 2016: WE DID IT: European Parliament votes for nature
- ➡ Dec. 2015: Positive response from environment ministers
- ➡ Jul. 2015: Consultation Ends: 520,324 voices for nature
- 🍁 TESTIMONIES: citizens share their favourite Natura 2000 sites!
21 September: It's Autumn! Save Nature, Free the Nature Directives!
9 September: Thank you Mark Demesmaeker!