- It seems the RNC's Research outfit was caught unaware that every U.S. government since Nixon has called Israel's occupation, just that - an occupation. So when DNC Platform Committee Members Cornel West & Arab American Institute President James Zogby referred to it in their series of questions, this is what happened.
- — RNC Research (@RNCResearch)Thu, Jun 09 2016 19:35:48VIDEO: DNC Platform Committee Member Cornel West Attacks Israel’s “Occupation” Of Palestinians https://youtu.be/zjirLwPI5ks
- — jennifer salan (@jensalan)Thu, Jun 09 2016 20:39:09
- — Omar Baddar (@OmarBaddar)Thu, Jun 09 2016 20:52:58@RNCResearch You don't need "quotes" for that, it's a fact noted by the UN, every human rights organization AND (wait for it) George W Bush!
- Then, @RNCResearch doubled down
- Twitter fired back with calls for @RNCResearch to do their research
- — jennifer salan (@jensalan)Thu, Jun 09 2016 21:00:57
- — Emily Manna (@EmilyManna)Thu, Jun 09 2016 21:03:34@RNCResearch uhhh the US government has been calling it an occupation since the Nixon administration http://www.cmep.org/content/us-statements-israeli-settlements_short …
- — jennifer salan (@jensalan)Thu, Jun 09 2016 21:16:26.@RNCResearch google is an effective tool - u should try it - it's pretty fast & accurate https://twitter.com/OmarBaddar/status/741014763786899456 …
- Here's the actual exchange:
It's Occupation, no quotes needed
@RNCResearch learns about #FactCheck via Google
byNatalie Samera45 Views