- The theme for SAAM 2014 was healthy sexuality and young people.
- SAAM was off to a great start with a Presidential Proclamation on the Day of Action: April 1.
- Partners in the field joined in spreading the word about #SAAM.
- — Joyful Heart Found. (@TheJHF)Tue, Apr 01 2014 13:46:59April 1 marks the start of #SAAM - Sexual Assault Awareness Month. Share with us how you're raising awareness in your community!
- — ashley judd (@AshleyJudd)Wed, Apr 02 2014 04:08:17It's April, & that means all kinds of good things! Including that it's National Sexual Assault Awareness Month: http://www.nsvrc.org
- — CDC Injury Center (@CDCInjury)Fri, Apr 04 2014 18:15:51April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month. Start a sexual violence prevention campaign in your community. Here’s how: http://bit.ly/1pBDMyg
- — VictimsOfCrime (@CrimeVictimsOrg)Thu, Apr 10 2014 18:55:34
- — Latina Institute (@NLIRH)Wed, Apr 16 2014 17:35:32
- International Anti-street Harassment Week brought together voices around the globe calling for an end to public harassment and creating safer streets.
- Campus leaders marched, rallied and organized.
- — SAFER Campus (@safercampus)Tue, Apr 01 2014 12:00:45
- — Sandra Fluke (@SandraFluke)Tue, Apr 15 2014 16:46:00
- Social media activities for SAAM connected with online communities. Highlights included weekly twitter chats, the SAAM 2014 video and daily photo prompts for #30DaysofSAAM.
Sexual Assault Awareness Month 2014
Highlights from the April 2014 National Sexual Assault Awareness Month campaign. The goal of SAAM is to raise public awareness about sexual violence and to educate communities and individuals on how to prevent sexual violence.