Bob KerreyMuch of the criticism surrounding Democratic candidate Bob Kerrey during the campaign has focused on his "outsider" status; the former Nebraska governor and Senator has lived in New York for the past 11 years. Some online commenters also said his debate performance was angry, while others found him snobby:
- — Andrew Northwall (@anorthwall)Tue, Oct 02 2012 00:24:19
- — Andrew Northwall (@anorthwall)Tue, Oct 02 2012 00:14:45
- — shawna conroy (@shawnaconroy)Tue, Oct 02 2012 03:31:42Nebraska Senate debate: Kerrey laughs out loud and says, "oh, God." when Sen Fischer answers a question. Um, let's be respectful? #nesen
- — Matt Butler (@MattButlerUSA)Tue, Oct 02 2012 00:32:19
Deb FischerOverall, people found the opposite to be true for Republican candidate Deb Fischer, a state senator from Valentine, Neb., saying she seemed distant and vague - more than one commenter compared her to a robot:
- — Roderick Atwater (@RoderickA1)Tue, Oct 02 2012 00:10:3710 mins into this #NESEN debate and I'm out. Deb Fischer is a god damn robot. Also, you did not sign that Norquist BS for me, Deb.
- — Will Fostero (@WFostero)Tue, Oct 02 2012 00:51:29Deb Fischer seems incompetent and extremely awkward. The camera is forward and is usually meant to he looked at when speaking. #nesen
- — Katie Weitz White (@kwwomaha)Tue, Oct 02 2012 00:37:19
- — Mr. Sullivan (@Concrete_Mojo)Tue, Oct 02 2012 00:57:16#NESEN Deb Fischer, in her closing statement, just announced she's been wired to explode at 8 pm. Aaaaand we're out! Debate over.
And the winner is ...In the end, people were pretty split on who they thought won the debate, though Kerrey seemed to have the edge:
- — Baseballot (@baseballot)Tue, Oct 02 2012 00:57:37Deb Fischer won that one, but it was close to a draw. As long as they keep stalemating, Fischer gets closer to the US Senate. #NEsen
- — Vince Powers (@vince_powers)Tue, Oct 02 2012 03:29:44Deb Fischer failed to stop Kerrey surge having now lost all 3 debates by never answering a question just cynically repeating slogans #NESEN
- — Joshua Hayse (@JoshuaHayse)Tue, Oct 02 2012 00:34:30
- — Katie Weitz White (@kwwomaha)Tue, Oct 02 2012 00:35:40@NETNewsNebraska Bob Kerrey. Deb Fischer doesn't seem to understand the questions, or is giving surface answers on purpose--very strange
- — Gerard Harbison (@GerardHarbison)Tue, Oct 02 2012 01:13:08Insults are all the Dems have. See you in 2014, losers, and get used to the phrase Senator Fischer. #NESEN
Kerrey, Fischer meet in final debate for Nebraska Senate seat
U.S. Senate candidates Democrat Bob Kerrey and Republican Deb Fischer met for their third and final debate Monday, Oct. 1 at the NET studios in Lincoln, Neb. There was a plethora of social media commentary from all sides of the political aisle; we focus on four main topics here.
byNET News (Nebraska NPR/PBS)63 Views