- — Sojourna Cunningham (@TheNotoriousSJC)Thu, Aug 11 2016 16:31:05Begin with an appreciation of ancestors. They made the choices that allow us to be here today. #NDLC16
- — April Hathcock (@AprilHathcock)Thu, Aug 11 2016 16:35:53"When I tell you these things from ancient wisdom, u think, 'Yeah!" Bc u know these things already. They're in u, just got covered." #NDLC16
- — Yasmeen Shorish (@yasmeen_azadi)Thu, Aug 11 2016 16:36:32Listening to Lakota Harden recollect her peoples' history makes me think on the extinction of cultures worldwide. How to reclaim? #NDLC16
- — Anthony Wright (@RoganWright)Thu, Aug 11 2016 16:37:34We have layers when we're young but they get covered over as we grow and are told what we should be. Lakota Harden #NDLC16
- — April Hathcock (@AprilHathcock)Thu, Aug 11 2016 16:38:38Lakota Harden not using notes or preso. Just telling us her stories from the heart. Very nonwhite way of knowledge sharing. #NDLC16
NDLC'16 Opening Keynote - Lakota Harden
Lakota Harden(Minnecoujou/Yankton Lakotaand HoChunk) is an orator, activist, community organizer, workshop facilitator, radio host and poet. She conducts trainings nationwide for adults who work with youth, across lines of gender, race and age to stop violence. Harden conducts workshops on unlearning racism, sexism and other social oppressions.