- — Liz Salmi (@TheLizArmy)Mon, Jul 07 2014 01:03:16
- — Liz Salmi (@TheLizArmy)Mon, Jul 07 2014 02:02:25Participants: Please share a brief intro stating the perspective you will be sharing with us tonight. ie patient, family member, etc. #btsm
- — Debra Askanase (@askdebra)Mon, Jul 07 2014 02:02:24
- — Rick Franzo (@braintumortalk)Mon, Jul 07 2014 02:06:40I'm Rick 2x meningioma survivor 1st surgery 2009 paralyzed post surgery, walking now recurrence 2011 watching and waiting now #btsm
- National Brain Tumor Society is working with the FDA, the National Cancer Institute, medical academic researchers, clinicians, and the Jumpstarting Brain Tumor Drug Development Coalition (a group of other brain tumor-focused nonprofits and organizations), with the goal of developing action plans to improve the system for measuring and evaluating potential new treatments. This is a part of our Clinical Trial Endpoints Initiative.Researchers, companies, and regulators need to know what patients want in terms of treatment options, and what is affecting a patient’s decision to become involved in the research of these new treatments. National Brain Tumor Society is convening the Jumpstarting Brain Tumor Drug Development Coalition to distribute a survey to patients, survivors and caregivers, so that we may find out more about what you want in terms of treatment options, and what is affecting a patient’s decision to become involved in the research of these new treatments. The results will be presented to a group of researchers, clinicians, biopharmaceutical companies, and policymakers.
- — Nat'l BT Society (@NBTStweets)Mon, Jul 07 2014 02:07:24
- — Nat'l BT Society (@NBTStweets)Mon, Jul 07 2014 02:08:46
- — Nat'l BT Society (@NBTStweets)Mon, Jul 07 2014 02:09:16We’d like to talk more about these issues now. Please know that your tweets during this chat will NOT be collected for the survey #btsm
#BTSM Tweetchat July 6, 2014 with Guest National Brain Tumor Society
@NBTStweets was the guest for the July #btsm Tweetchat. Tweeting for @NBTStweets was Dr. Jennifer Helfer, Ph.D., Associate Director of Scientific Operations. Liz Salmi @TheLizArmy was the tweetchat moderator.