- — James Worthy (@James_Worthy42)Mon, Feb 18 2013 16:42:51Condolences to the Buss family. Dr Buss was not only the greatest sports owner, but a true friend & just a really cool guy. Loved him dearly
- — Bonnie Bernstein (@BonnieBernstein)Mon, Feb 18 2013 16:45:32Jerry Buss wasn't just the greatest owner in NBA history. He was, arguably, the greatest owner in the history of pro sports. #RIP
- — Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers)Mon, Feb 18 2013 18:19:57David Stern: "The NBA has lost a visionary owner whose influence on our league is incalculable & will be felt for decades to come."
- — Michael Eaves (@michaeleaves)Mon, Feb 18 2013 16:57:28Today is truly a sad day in the sports world as we have lost the winningest owner in American team sports history. RIP Jerry Buss! #Lakers
- — Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne)Mon, Feb 18 2013 17:22:09Dr. Buss once said, "My dream really was to have the Lakers and Los Angeles identified as one and the same. I believe I accomplished that."
- — Los Angeles Sparks (@LA_Sparks)Mon, Feb 18 2013 18:23:15Condolences to the Buss family. RIP to the beloved Dr. Buss. Thank you for your impact in the basketball world & the community. #RIPDrBuss
- — Tyler Hafer (@t_hafe16)Mon, Feb 18 2013 18:41:19RT @rw_meck13: Regardless if you're a laker or nba fan, Jerry Buss is a respected man of sports and today is a huge loss in the sports world. #legend #rip
- — Mark Gonzales (@markgonzales_)Mon, Feb 18 2013 18:42:27Thank you for making me feel proud of my city and for bringing us all together as a family with one love.. Thank you Dr. Jerry Buss. #Lakers
- — Joe Szatkowski (@LunchboxJoe)Mon, Feb 18 2013 18:47:05
- — something. (@HeyCambo)Mon, Feb 18 2013 18:51:15R.I.P. Jerry Buss, one of the most business savvy sports owners and a pretty damn good poker player (see: High Stakes Poker Season 1).
- — Rick Fox Jr (@CaliReclined)Mon, Feb 18 2013 18:52:05Jerry Buss came up with the idea of having "Laker girls" (cheerleaders on the court) courtside tickets, man this dude was innovative
- — Tony Branco (@TonyRBranco)Mon, Feb 18 2013 18:52:58Deeply saddened by the news of the passing of Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss. The man transcended the NBA. He was the ultimate competitor.
- — John Kennedy OConnor (@JohnKOConnor)Mon, Feb 18 2013 18:52:48So farewell then Jerry Buss. "I owned the LA Lakers" yes, that was your catchphrase. You made basketball the place to see and be seen.
- — Jake Stone (@JakeStoneESPN)Mon, Feb 18 2013 19:05:17
- — Mori Taheripour (@MoriTaheripour)Mon, Feb 18 2013 19:05:49RIP Jerry Buss. His unparalleled legacy will be celebrated forever in the NBA and more importantly the business of sport.
- — Will Robertson (@robertson_will)Mon, Feb 18 2013 19:06:18Dr. Jerry Buss owned the LA Lakers since 1979, same year ESPN started. In his longevity, what a great job he did! Magic, Kobe, etc, RIP sir!
Fans Remember Jerry Buss As 'Greatest Owner in NBA History'
Los Angeles Lakers owner Jerry Buss died at 5:55 a.m. Monday, due to an undisclosed form of cancer, sources familiar with the situation confirmed. The 80-year-old legend, who saw the Lakers win 10 NBA titles, is being remembered on Twitter as the greatest sports owner, friend and inspiration.
byNBC Los Angeles3,647 Views