- — Security Conference (@MunSecConf)Wed, Apr 13 2016 17:01:25
- — Hanna Tetteh (@HannaTetteh)Wed, Apr 13 2016 16:58:15I'm now in Addis Ababa for the first core group meeting of the Munich Security Conference to be held in Africa from the 14-15 of April.
- — Security Conference (@MunSecConf)Thu, Apr 14 2016 05:57:49"Aufbau staatlicher Strukturen langfristig die beste Anti-Terror-Politik" - W. @ischinger in der @SZ zu #MSCaddis: http://www.sueddeutsche.de/politik/aussenansicht-wettlauf-der-dschihadisten-1.2947271 …
- The first day of the MSC Core Group Meeting in Addis Ababa started off with two roundtables on cyber and health security. The following debates focused on the importance of Africa for international security, conflict dynamics in Eastern Africa, the rise of jihadism throughout key parts of the continent, as well as the problem of political violence, especially surrounding elections.
- — Rwanda MoFA (@RwandaMFA)Thu, Apr 14 2016 07:55:40
- — Hannah Tsadik (@HannahTsadik)Thu, Apr 14 2016 09:12:19At the #MSCaddis Core Group Meeting today & tomorrow. Right now talking about cyber security https://twitter.com/munsecconf/status/720522134624206848 …
- — Ethiopian Diplomacy (@mfaethiopia)Thu, Apr 14 2016 09:01:30
- — Security Conference (@MunSecConf)Thu, Apr 14 2016 12:15:33
- — Ecowas_news (@Ecowas_news)Thu, Apr 14 2016 19:02:03
- — Michelle Mendi Muita (@m_muita)Thu, Apr 14 2016 12:43:25
- — Security Conference (@MunSecConf)Thu, Apr 14 2016 13:16:33The jugular vein of the world economy, from Horn of Africa through Red Sea, now has a knife to it: Area has never been less secure #MSCaddis
- — Security Conference (@MunSecConf)Thu, Apr 14 2016 13:26:44AMISOM is Africa's best kept secret, it is a testament to African countries contributing troops - point made at #MSCaddis
#MSCaddis Core Group Meeting
On April 14 and 15, the Munich Security Conference hosted its first event on the African continent as part of its Core Group Meeting series. Around 60 senior leaders from Africa, Europe and the US gathered in the Ethiopian capital to debate critical regional and international security challenges.