- Our crafty blogger Stitch This wrote about writing and remembering. Her post really struck a chord. So we put the question to Twitter:
- — Mumsnet Blog Network (@MumsnetBloggers)Tue, Apr 03 2012 16:10:50
- And the answers rolled in...
- — SaveEveryStep (@saveeverystep)Wed, Apr 04 2012 11:24:40@MumsnetBloggers I started a Blog to engage families in their own nostalgia & get them capturing their memories as a legacy for the kids
- Being a parent gave some of our members a reason to blog:
- — Allergy Mum UK (@foodallergyuk)Wed, Apr 04 2012 12:02:03@MumsnetBloggers I started this blog because I was navigating a new world with a food allergic tot - and wanted to share info & advice
- — Mummaholic (@mummaholic)Wed, Apr 04 2012 10:55:59@MumsnetBloggers I started my blog because I have become so obsessed with all things baby that I needed another outlet! Now I'm addicted!
- ...while others needed no excuse to get chatting:
- — jaxb (@liveotherwise)Wed, Apr 04 2012 11:20:21@MumsnetBloggers started blog because 9 years ago it was how I kept in touch with home ed friends our equivalent of a chat over garden fence
- — Caroline Smith (@PlaygroundOnlin)Wed, Apr 04 2012 12:13:59
- — Emily (@nb_bubbles)Wed, Apr 04 2012 11:43:45@MumsnetBloggers I started mine as I loved reading others blogs, I wanted to create my own little world & be part of the blogging community!
- — Young Wives' Tales (@WeybridgeWifey)Tue, Apr 03 2012 20:28:51@MumsnetBloggers Because my husband would leave me if he was the sole recipient of my chatter. Relaying my dreams is already off limits!
- Or writing seriously...
- — Older Single Mum. (@mumoldersingle)Wed, Apr 04 2012 11:44:41@MumsnetBloggers I started a blog to flex my writing muscles and be a voice for the not so young single mums left with dignity and humour!
- — Kate Davis-Holmes (@kateonthinice)Wed, Apr 04 2012 11:34:19@MumsnetBloggers I started blogging when my mum said as I wanted to write I should keep a diary. Had no idea where it would lead
Mumsnet Bloggers: The Lightbulb Moment
We want to know what makes blogging such a powerful social, political and literary tool - and why it's captured the imagination of a whole generation of Mumsnetters. So we asked, what inspired you to start your blog? What was that lightbulb moment? Here's what we heard...
byMumsnet Blog Network1,120 Views