- The Chicago White Sox faced the Minnesota Twins tonight for the second (yesterday's game was postponed until Aug 21) and final time of the three-game series. The two teams played the first game of the series on May 9 and the Twins pulled off the 7-2 win. The Sox struggled to gain their momentum tonight in the first four innings but then rallied and ended up only trailing by one with a final of 7-6.
- The game centered a lot around the bullpen as numerous switches on the mound were made for each team.
- — Adam Rittenberg (@DPUsportsblog)Thu, May 11 2017 22:57:40
- First Inning: Twins start off hot. 4-0 Twins.
- — Minnesota Twins (@Twins)Fri, May 12 2017 00:28:31
- Second Inning: The homeruns continue... 6-0 Twins.
- Third Inning: Sox still struggle to find their footing, still looking for the first run of the night. 6-0 Twins.
- — Monterey Pepper (@MontereyPepper)Fri, May 12 2017 01:06:54After the third inning: Sox fans morale is low, Twins are comfortable. I'm eating a hot dog so I am also comfortable.
- Fourth Inning: The Sox start gaining momentum. 6-2 Twins.
- — Monterey Pepper (@MontereyPepper)Fri, May 12 2017 01:31:37Frazier hits a pop fly to center field, Buxton doesn't make the catch giving the Sox the first run of the night. 6-1 Twins.
- — Let's Blog Two! (@LetsBlogTwo)Fri, May 12 2017 01:30:09First Sox hit of the night is an Avisail Garcia double in the fifth. First Sox run comes on a brutal drop by Twins CF Byron Buxton. 6-1.
Chicago White Sox close to making a comeback but fall short trailing the Minnestoa Twins 7-6
byMonterey Pepper3 Views