- ...and #JusticeForLiz came alive on 9th October 2013
- Statistics on SEXUAL VIOLENCE
- WHY DO MEN RAPE???
- SEXUAL OFFENCES ACT : what does it say about perpetrators, punishment, medical expenses??
- Slashing grass as punishment for rape is unacceptable...This is IMUPUNITY...Sexual Offences Act states that... Sexual Offenses Act and the provisions within that must guide this case:
As per Legal Notice 10 on page 8:
Any person who commits the offense of rape or defilement under this Act in association with another or others, or any person who, with common intention, is in the company of another or others who commit the offense of rape or defilement is guilty of an offense termed gang rape and is liable upon conviction to imprisonment for a term of not less fifteen years but which may be enhanced to imprisonment for life.
As per legal notice 35, point 3 & 4 of the Sexual Offenses Act (on who bears medical expenses)
3)Notwithstanding the provisions of sub-section (2), the Minister responsible for health shall prescribe circumstances under which a victim of a sexual offense may at any time access treatment in any public hospital or institution.
4) The expenses incurred for the treatment or professional counseling of any person convicted of an offense under this section or a victim of a sexual offense as the case may be, shall be borne by the State.
So why did the public have to pay for Liz’s hospital bills? Why did she have to wait three months to undergo surgery? Where is the accountability of public servants??
- The NGOs came in to push for #JusticeForLiz