Peter Kageyama, author of "For the Love of Cities," spoke to city officials on Thursday about nurturing the relationship between residents and their places. He called out real-life examples of cities that have embraced projects that not only improve quality of life but evoke emotional responses.
- — John Uphoff (@johnuphoff)Thu, Jun 19 2014 14:55:03
- See the Grand Rapids, Michigan lip-dub video on YouTube:
- — Laura Ziegler (@laurahziegler)Thu, Jun 19 2014 14:44:46
- — Aaron Lee Wittnebel (@AaronLakePark)Thu, Jun 19 2014 14:49:40
- — John Uphoff (@johnuphoff)Thu, Jun 19 2014 16:17:43
- — Laura Ziegler (@laurahziegler)Thu, Jun 19 2014 14:23:37
Mark Scharenbroich, author of "Nice Bike," closed out the conference on Friday afternoon. Scharenbroich used Minnesota-centric stories to illustrate the benefits of connecting with and honoring the people that cross our paths in life.
- — Minnesota Cities (@MinnesotaCities)Fri, Jun 20 2014 17:23:04
That's a wrap! Who will speak in 2015?
Love Notes and Motorcycles: 2014 Keynote Speakers
Each year the League invites keynote speakers to teach and inspire Minnesota city officials. This year's speakers, Peter Kageyama and Mark Scharenbroich, were a hit with attendees in St. Cloud.