- — Media Impact Funders (@MediaFunders)Thu, Oct 30 2014 13:59:55
- — Media Impact Funders (@MediaFunders)Thu, Oct 30 2014 14:01:26
- Ingrid Kopp (TFI), Sean Flynn (MIT OpenDocLab) and Jessica Clark (MIF) set the stage with definitions, highlights from previous discussions, and a roundup of impact research. Learn more: bit.ly/interactiveimpact
- — Nancy Schwartzman (@fancynancynyc)Thu, Oct 30 2014 14:22:08
- — Breakthrough (@breakthrough)Thu, Oct 30 2014 14:37:48Woot! Not yet 11am and already talking about qualitative vs. quantitative metrics. Depth vs. breadth. #interactiveimpact
- Participants split into groups to learn about and report back on the impact goals/outcomes for six inventive productions: Fort McMoney, Hollow, Priya’s Shakti, Question Bridge, Sandy Storyline, and
The Enemy. These projects vary widely—from an interactive documentary game, to an augmented-reality comic book, to a participatory social media documentary on a region in recovery and beyond—demonstrating different engagement styles and the complexities of tracking cross-platform impact.
- — Michael Premo (@michaelpremo)Thu, Oct 30 2014 16:39:12Digging into the process of #interactiveimpact. Check out projects we're discussing here: https://hackpad.com/Interactive-Media-Impact-Convening-K1IV1U4wA17 …
- — Media Impact Funders (@MediaFunders)Thu, Oct 30 2014 16:15:32Priya's Shakti #interactiveimpact Questions: how do you measure culture shift over time, reach across digital divide, spur conversation
- — Breakthrough (@breakthrough)Thu, Oct 30 2014 16:18:25
- — Media Impact Funders (@MediaFunders)Thu, Oct 30 2014 16:18:06Priya's Shakti #interactiveimpact Huge penetration of smart phones in India, so augmented reality will be accessible to many.
- — Media Impact Funders (@MediaFunders)Thu, Oct 30 2014 16:23:21
- — Media Impact Funders (@MediaFunders)Thu, Oct 30 2014 16:25:26
- — Ishita Srivastava (@ishthebish)Thu, Oct 30 2014 16:30:43When impact means empathy; @TheEnemeyIsHere will change perceptions about war using fighters’ stories. & virtual reality! #interactiveimpact
Building the Case for Interactive Impact
In late October, Media Impact Funders joined TFI and MIT's OpenDocLab in organizing a daylong event to explore ways to trace the impact of interactive documentaries. The day brought makers, analysts and funders together to share lessons and prototype solutions.
byMedia Impact Funders763 Views