- — Vice President Biden (@VP)Sun, Feb 14 2016 02:44:02Jill and I send deepest condolences to Maureen and the entire Scalia family on the loss of their beloved husband, father, and grandfather.
- — Elizabeth Warren (@SenWarren)Sun, Feb 14 2016 14:44:16
- — Elizabeth Warren (@SenWarren)Sun, Feb 14 2016 14:44:36Art II Sec 2 of the Constitution says the President nominates Supreme Court justices with the advice & consent of the Senate.
- — Elizabeth Warren (@SenWarren)Sun, Feb 14 2016 14:44:47I can’t find a clause in the Constitution that says “…except when there’s a year left in the term of a Democratic President.”
- — John McCain (@SenJohnMcCain)Sun, Feb 14 2016 13:26:18Tremendous loss w/ passing of Justice Scalia - his contributions will persist long beyond his days on the Court http://www.mccain.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=3E2BA1D0-6A57-4830-A553-706947206069 …
- — Sen. Barbara Boxer (@SenatorBoxer)Sun, Feb 14 2016 02:39:42Putting the country first means Obama nominating a Justice and the Senate doing its constitutional duty by voting on the nominee.
- — Dr. Rand Paul (@RandPaul)Sun, Feb 14 2016 02:06:33As we pray for Justice Scalia and his family, let's remember that our public figures are real people with loved ones http://fee.org/articles/justice-scalia-s-great-heart/ …
- — Senator Bob Corker (@SenBobCorker)Sun, Feb 14 2016 15:59:00An ardent defender of the Constitution...#JusticeScalia was a remarkable jurist who...sought the original intent of our nation's guiding doc
- — Chris Murphy (@ChrisMurphyCT)Sun, Feb 14 2016 00:45:14For my friends in the Senate who say they believe in the Constitution, check Article II again. Still says a "Term of four Years".
Reactions to the passing of Justice Antonin Scalia