In the news
- Central African Republic
- Violent clashes continue to flare in the Central African Republic. Some fear the sectarian nature of the conflict could result in a genocide.
- Our teams have been on the ground treating victims of the violence as well as providing access to healthcare to those who have fled the conflict.
- We continue to supply vital medical aid to some of the worst affected parts of the Philippines. Many communities still have not received the aid they need.
- It is vital that the people of the Philippines receive proper psychological support. Our doctors are already treating people for mental health issues such as stress, depression and insomnia, which resulted from the trauma surrounding the typhoon.
- At the beginning of the week, our new hospital in Tacloban delivered its first new born. Both mother and baby are doing well.
- HIV and AIDS: See what we see
- As world AIDS day approaches (December 1st), we have launched our 'See What We See' campaign which aims to highlight the difficulties we, as an organisation, face in treating HIV and AIDS, despite the huge progress made in combating the disease.