MSF has been working in the Occupied Palestinian Territories since 1989.
- At the end of 2013 MSF had 94 staff there.
- In Gaza MSF provides specialist care like reconstructive surgeries, post operative care, mental health support, and supports the Ministry of Health in intensive care.
- 9th July: More than 80 rockets are launched, Gaza is hit with over 150 strikes.
- 10th July: Israel launches military offensive Operation Protective Edge.
- Bombings are intense throughout July, as Gaza is heavily hit.
MSF continues to work in Gaza, supporting Al Shifa hospital.
- Patients in Gaza are finding it hard to access care.
- Women, children, and civilians comprise most of the wounded.
MSF scales up the emergency response during the Israeli ground offensive.