- This annual event from Screen International gives an analysis of the UK film industry as well as debate on how to tackle the issues facing each sector. Taking place at Picturehouse Central in central London, the day had a great line-up of speakers and sessions. See the social media highlights below.
- Rentrak and the BFI opened the day with discussions on the latest box office figures and trends.
- — Screen International (@Screendaily)Thu, Dec 10 2015 09:42:42
- — Sargent-Disc Ltd (@SargentDisc)Thu, Dec 10 2015 09:26:22Boutique cinemas providing a fuller different and pleasant environment. Considered good value due to broader experience #SFS15
- — Sargent-Disc Ltd (@SargentDisc)Thu, Dec 10 2015 09:23:50In UK 77% of cinema screens located in multiplexes. Another audience emerging for smaller single and two screen bespoke cinemas #SFS15
- — Screen International (@Screendaily)Thu, Dec 10 2015 09:21:15
- — Screen International (@Screendaily)Fri, Dec 11 2015 18:29:27#SFS15 facts: at £369m, 2014 was a 10-yr high for investment in UK independent film sector. But mid-budget range (£2-5m) is being squeezed
- — Screen International (@Screendaily)Thu, Dec 10 2015 14:51:31
- — Screen International (@Screendaily)Fri, Dec 11 2015 18:22:46#SFS15 facts: opposite sides of spectrum - 68% of 22 Jump Street's cinema audience were 15-24s; 71% of Mr. Turner's audience were over-55s
- — Farhana Bhula (@Farhanabhula)Thu, Dec 10 2015 10:22:56
- — Kwick Games (@KwickG)Thu, Dec 10 2015 10:17:07Average UK adult spends over half of their waking hours engaged in media/communication activity" @BFI #sfs15 https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kwick.pump.jump.pumpkin.rise …
- — ICO (@ICOtweets)Fri, Dec 11 2015 14:27:12The challenge for cinemas in cold figures. 46% who don't go cite cost as the problem. 30% prefer the sofa. #SFS15 https://twitter.com/containment2015/status/674882732149862400 …
- — Horror Producer (@markkenna)Thu, Dec 10 2015 11:06:33
- We also heard from movie marketers how they advertised their films with very different budgets.
Screen Film Summit 2015
Shaping the future of UK film
byMBI Events8,974 Views