- — FOSKD (@OfficialFOSKD)Fri, Nov 10 2017 09:18:17@LoveWapping Architects assuming majority of 1200 pupils will come from north east of borough to downplay any danger of pupils crossing Highway at Dock Street junction. Planning to dissuade car drop offs of pupils.
- — FOSKD (@OfficialFOSKD)Fri, Nov 10 2017 09:12:18@LoveWapping Architects relying on planting of trees and shrubs within the small exterior space to improve air quality. One multi-purpose court for 1200 pupils to play netball/5 a side football etc. :-(
- — Nicola Holloway (@NicolaHolloway7)Fri, Nov 10 2017 07:46:22Also raises questions about the type of property bring built, house prices and overseas buyers but not even 280 characters can sort that! https://twitter.com/GKCOLLNS/status/928873930802302977 …
- — Glo Thienel (@Glo_Thienel)Fri, Nov 10 2017 06:21:41@LoveWapping Be as bad as the school built on A12 Tunnel Approach Rd, Tower Hamlets Council have no idea how residents feel or care, just like Developers.
- — Martin Melville (@tinman_wapping)Thu, Nov 09 2017 22:43:29@LoveWapping Highway is on the right. The school starts after the square building along the highway. It's quite large.
- — Martin Melville (@tinman_wapping)Thu, Nov 09 2017 22:41:32
- — John (@flyovermoon)Thu, Nov 09 2017 21:29:32
- — John (@flyovermoon)Thu, Nov 09 2017 21:27:30
- — by the basin (@Olopoto)Thu, Nov 09 2017 20:32:08@LoveWapping Sorry to keep posting my concerns. Consider the roads children will have to cross from Tower Hill Station, Tower Gateway DLR stop. Frightened parents may resort to using cars adding to the congested, often narrow, roads in the area.
- — Andrew Wood (@Andrewwood17)Thu, Nov 09 2017 20:27:40
- — Andrew Wood (@Andrewwood17)Thu, Nov 09 2017 20:22:47@LoveWapping Anecdotally a lot but Council do not measure numbers. Some parents also perceive poor quality and never apply but Council pretend all schools good but TH schools are in relative decline within London according to OFSTED inspections
- — by the basin (@Olopoto)Thu, Nov 09 2017 20:16:41@LoveWapping Consideration must also be given to the routes children will be walking from different transportation links. Walking along the Highway will expose kids to heavy air pollution from the often congested traffic. How is the proposed new school designed to reduce pollutants indoors?
- — by the basin (@Olopoto)Thu, Nov 09 2017 19:47:17@LoveWapping Transportation is a concern. #100 bus service has been reduced. That bus is packed each and every weekday morning with commuters. Add schoolchildren!!!
- — Nicola Holloway (@NicolaHolloway7)Thu, Nov 09 2017 19:07:07
- — Martin Melville (@tinman_wapping)Thu, Nov 09 2017 19:02:46@LoveWapping Entrances on the corners but the enclosed space (safe?) Is inside the building. Weird. Where do the kids meet up? No commitment to building!!
- — Nicola Holloway (@NicolaHolloway7)Thu, Nov 09 2017 18:44:30
London Dock Wapping school design consultation
Many thanks to all those who have tweeted information gathered at the London Dock school design consultation held on Thursday. These tweets represent a good cross section of people views. Unfortunately few if any are positive. And by 'few' we mean none.
byLove Wapping371 Views