- A few days ago, I was assigned to do the Twitter Scavenger Hunt (TSH) in Professor Kim Fox’s class, JRMC 2202. At first, I was so excited, but terrified about it as I wasn't a Twitter fan before. After answering the first few questions, I became very excited about tweeting and answering all the rest as it was really fun with @Laylaghaleb, my TSH partner.
- In the assignment, we received a list of 10 questions and we were required to answer as much as possible from them till the class time ends.
- Our first tweet together, Layla and I, was about the Rhetoric and Composition Professor, Michael Gibson. We were required to find a professor on campus and ask him about his/her opinion about the role that the social media plays in social change.
- So, we ran to the friendly professor when he was on his way to the library, eating a sandwich, and we asked him then he answered our question by saying "I like social media. It's fun!"
- We faced our first problem, which was that we couldn't add a photo and write the professor's name, title, and quote in only one tweet, so we had to split it into two tweets.
- — Lobna El Shirbiny (@LobnaShirbiny)Sun, Oct 11 2015 10:07:12
- This was the second tweet with a photo of Dr. Michael Gibson :)
- We knew that we had to run to the most scenic place on campus, the AUC gardens. We took a beautiful shot of the amazing garden with its marvellous flowers and trees!!
- Our little known fact at AUC was the opening of the food and beverages outlet, Butcher's Burger!! On that day, a few people knew that it had already opened so we wanted to share this fact with AUCians who still didn't know about it. We took a photo of Butcher's Burger in the Americana Food Court.
- After that, we met a friend of Layla, @AminaElkhadem, who is an Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) junior, as we asked her where she get her news. ElKhadem answered that she gathers news from social media.
- By that time, we started to panic as we were under pressure because we didn't have much remaining time left for the class.
- So, we hurriedly went to the sports center, where we met the sports fan, Sara Sabry, who is a Psychology Junior and a tennis player. She told us while exercising, "Carry on, just doing sit-ups."
- Unfortunately, the time was running out when we faced another problem which was that I didn't have the Vine application on my phone. So, we downloaded it and we took a Vine of the gym, the sports area, and later on, the plaza.
- — Lobna El Shirbiny (@LobnaShirbiny)Sun, Oct 11 2015 10:50:01
- On our way to the Plaza, we met the energetic, Donia Aly, and her guy friend by which we got some spirit from them. "Best part of AUC spirit, is feeling like grown-ups and acting like children," said Aly. We took an amazing shot of her jumping on the floor :)
- Afterwards, I took a photo of Layla in her favorite spot on campus, the Plaza, and she took a photo of me outside the Americana Food Court, which is my favorite place besides the gardens.
Lobna El Shirbiny's Twitter Scavenger Hunt Storify
The Journey to Excitement
byLobna El Shirbiny130 Views