- On 11 December 2014, together with approximately 200 leading food, environment and health experts – from across the policy, civil society and business sectors – we looked at the need for a global food strategy, and the role policymakers and business leaders alike play in encouraging sustainable food consumption.
- We have enjoyed a tremendous support in promoting this unique event. The interest began to rise in the countdown to December 11.
- On the day of the conference we live tweeted and live-streamed the entire event together with Friends of Europe.
- Glyn Davies, Conservation Director, WWF-UK had the first bite and opened the day. He set the tone for our final event, and introduced the audience to WWF position on food. Moderating the day we were extremely proud to have Shada Islam and Tamsin Rose, respectively Director of Policy and Strategic Health Advisor at Friends of Europe.
FASHIONING THE GLOBAL FOOD STRATEGY
- How attainable is meeting the global goal of sustainable food and nutrition in light of the unprecedented increase in population growth, a shift to western diets, and the effects of climate change?
- Joining this first session we were delighted to have Pascal Gréverath, Head of Environmental Sustainability at Nestlé and Chairman of the Food Drink Europe Environmental Sustainability Committee; Jean-Pierre Halkin, Head of Unit for Rural Development, Food Security and Nutrition at the European Commission Directorate General for Development and Cooperation ; Olivier de Schutter, UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food ; Brian Thompson, Senior Nutrition Specialist at Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO); and Duncan Williamson, Food Policy Manager at WWF UK.