- It all started with a heads-up that something epic was about to happen:
- — LeapMotion (@LeapMotion)Sat, Aug 06 2016 20:50:51
- — AltspaceVR (@AltspaceVR)Wed, Aug 10 2016 00:57:27
- — Martin Schubert (@MrSchubert)Fri, Aug 12 2016 01:49:26
- We had an incredible turnout at the auditions. Contestants danced as the judges went through the room handing out golden tickets.
- — Akash R Jatangi (@akashjatangi)Fri, Aug 12 2016 05:42:17
- We named our 16 finalists. It was officially on.
- — AltspaceVR (@AltspaceVR)Mon, Aug 15 2016 18:46:57
- On August 18th, the battle lines were drawn. Our judges at the event were people who are doing incredible work building the future of VR:
Bruce Wooden, aka Cymatic Bruce, Head of Developer and Community Relations at AltspaceVR
Eva Hoerth, VR Evangelist and Design Researcher
Lisa Kotecki, Community Manager at AltspaceVR
The Wave, creators of a synesthetic cross-platform VR experience
Timoni West, Principal Designer at Unity Labs
Zvi Greenstein, General Manager and Head of VR Business Development at NVIDIA
- — Albert Hwang (@phedhex)Thu, Aug 18 2016 05:04:4710pmEDT / 7pmPDT: I compete to be King of the 1st VR Dance Battle w/ my @LeapMotion in @AltspaceVR - Watch it here! https://account.altvr.com/events/478580103396197094 …
- — LeapMotion (@LeapMotion)Thu, Aug 18 2016 19:02:31
- — LeapMotion (@LeapMotion)Fri, Aug 19 2016 01:00:48
- Our team met at AltspaceVR HQ with the judges:
- — LeapMotion (@LeapMotion)Fri, Aug 19 2016 02:00:13
Burning on the Virtual Dance Floor
We made history on Thursday with 16 dance finalists competing for an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 and eternal glory. Through the magic of AltspaceVR's FrontRow feature and a live DJ, over 380 people were in attendance, but everyone was able to watch the top 16 bring the house down with their mad moves.
byLeap Motion811 Views