- Lots of folks joined us tonight. Some who are reading along, and some who just love dinosaurs!
- — Matthew R. Francis (@DrMRFrancis)Tue, Feb 12 2013 03:02:59Just FYI: I finished the whole book and am about halfway through my review. I'll keep the spoilers to a minimum. ;) #DinoChat
- Some are fast readers! Don't worry, though, if you'd like to join in. If you have an advance copy, start reading!
- — Matthew R. Francis (@DrMRFrancis)Tue, Feb 12 2013 03:02:59#dinochat I loved beginning by asking, "what is a dinosaur?" A lot of things get lumped in that aren't dinos, in popular accounts.
- Though lots of us are "sciencey", we're all coming into this book from very different levels of Dino education.
- — Bora Zivkovic (@BoraZ)Tue, Feb 12 2013 03:02:59#Dinochat I was a dinomaniac as a kid, and I took a high level graduate course in dino osteology around 2000 or so. Science changed SO much!
- — Cedar Riener (@criener)Tue, Feb 12 2013 03:03:00
- — Bora Zivkovic (@BoraZ)Tue, Feb 12 2013 03:03:01#Dinochat I really like the first person story. His personality. And it does not matter at all I know how he looks/sounds like. It's fun.
- — Matthew R. Francis (@DrMRFrancis)Tue, Feb 12 2013 03:03:01
- — Bora Zivkovic (@BoraZ)Tue, Feb 12 2013 03:03:01#Dinochat there was a great essay by Ch.Pierce I think about the importance of names, especially for animals, that I kept thinking about.
- Things got really deep.
#Dinochat: Readalong of "My Beloved Brontosaurus" by @laelaps Chapter 1 & 2
byLali 23 Views