- Spring Water Quality Survey
Survey objective: The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Great Lakes National Program Office (GLNPO) is responsible for monitoring the offshore water quality of the Great Lakes to evaluate water quality over time and identify any emerging water quality problems. Comprehensive water quality surveys are conducted in all five Great Lakes in both the spring, when the water is cold and well mixed, and in the summer, when the surface waters are warmer and the lakes are stratified and more biologically active. The R/V Lake Guardian is used to conduct the surveys.
- — Lake Guardian (@LakeGuardian)Mon, Mar 21 2016 19:27:31
- — Lake Guardian (@LakeGuardian)Wed, Mar 23 2016 14:50:03.@ILINSeaGrant Prep involves getting everything in "ship shape" so survey goes smoothly! Ensure equipment/ labs/ supplies inventory in order
- — Lake Guardian (@LakeGuardian)Wed, Mar 23 2016 14:55:49.@ILINSeaGrant Spring Survey monitors all 5 Great Lakes, to eval water quality over time & ID any emerging water quality problems
- — Lake Guardian (@LakeGuardian)Tue, Mar 29 2016 14:04:42#SpringSurvey2016 has begun on #LakeHuron! For more info on equipment being used check out http://bit.ly/1MPLP6S https://twitter.com/abbydebofs/status/714765065812119552 …
Spring Survey 2016
Using the hashtag #SpringSurvey2016 we have compiled conversations, live updates, photos and videos shared on Twitter during the Spring Survey in 2016. Thank you to all those that contributed to the story!
byLakeGuardian5 Likes147 Views