- — Santanu Vasant (@santanuvasant)Wed, May 17 2017 19:59:01Thanks all, hope you enjoyed the chat. I have been fully automated this evening (v1.0) :-) ( can't be in two places at once!) #LTHEchat
- — Rebecca J (@chasing_ling)Wed, May 17 2017 19:59:00Another fab #LTHEchat - thanks to all who took part. So rewarding! Next week's topic and chatter(s) to be revealed asap. Watch this space!
- — John Couperthwaite (@johncoup)Wed, May 17 2017 20:18:37
- — John Couperthwaite (@johncoup)Wed, May 17 2017 20:01:50A6 Respect - for student lives, for being an adult learner, for making difficult life choices #LTHEchat https://twitter.com/LTHEchat/status/864932283093991425 …
- — Hugh Mannerings (@Mannerings69)Wed, May 17 2017 19:57:11love @polleverywhere highly recommend it as a tool to engage students https://twitter.com/LTHEchat/status/864932283093991425 …
- — Matt Cornock (@mattcornock)Wed, May 17 2017 19:57:07
- — Martin Rich (@MartinRich106)Wed, May 17 2017 19:51:19A5 #lthechat overlaps with earlier answers but giving students a sense of being valued &also encouraging them to feel 'ownership' of studies
- — Jordana Bischoff (@JordanaIES302)Wed, May 17 2017 19:50:02A5. focus on building relationships with students & find out how they are most successful in the classroom to keep them learning #LTHEChat
- — Neil Withnell (@neilwithnell)Wed, May 17 2017 19:49:44A5 learners need to feel safe, supported, and understood #LTHEchat https://twitter.com/neilwithnell/status/864930517166284801 …
- — John Couperthwaite (@johncoup)Wed, May 17 2017 19:49:33A5 Better course choices, better support, and actually better expectations from the institution that attrition happens #LTHEchat https://twitter.com/LTHEchat/status/864929769615446016 …
- — Sue Watling (@suewatling)Wed, May 17 2017 19:47:26A5 attention to transition to HE, managing expectations, linking new students with existing ones, be honest, learning can hurt #LTHEchat
- — Santanu Vasant (@santanuvasant)Wed, May 17 2017 19:46:01A5 Get 'product' right and understand where the student comes from then you can improve retention. More key skills support. #LTHEchat
#LTHEchat 84: Student Retention – where do we start?
Following on (very nicely) from last week’s chat on the first year experience, this next chat will explore the issue of retention in higher education. Retention is a highly topical area and is one of the metrics in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), which is at the forefront of Higher Education.