- — Mark Jepson (@drmarkjepson)Wed, May 10 2017 19:06:34A1 - We need to make sure we give guidance and support throughout the 1st year to ease the transition to uni learning #lthechat
- — Rebecca J (@chasing_ling)Wed, May 10 2017 19:07:11@LTHEchat A1 We can provide pre-sessional activities & materials online. We can provide glossaries in VLEs, and have student videos explaining things.
- — Martin Rich (@MartinRich106)Wed, May 10 2017 19:07:34Hi - looking forward to this #lthechat . I circulated the invite to contribute videos to my 1st years though not sure if any were sent in
- — Rebecca J (@chasing_ling)Wed, May 10 2017 19:07:47If anyone posts a video of themselves rapping a comment, they automatically win #LTHEchat tonight for #creativity https://twitter.com/simonrae/status/862383216854011905 …
- — Kiu Sum (@KiuSum)Wed, May 10 2017 19:08:19A1: Looking back, think first yrs students are the time where they starting finding themselves... #lthechat Best time to engage with them! https://twitter.com/Content_Edu/status/862383533729484807 …
- — Donald Clark (@DonaldClark)Wed, May 10 2017 19:08:26#LTHEchat A1 There is no 'discourse' - elephant in room is always 'diet of lectures' until sorted we'll see more rises in drop-outs
- — Simon Rae (@simonrae)Wed, May 10 2017 19:09:00#LTHEchat A1 'Cracking the code' can be a very important part of the learning process…must take care not to make it all 2 easy at the start
- — James Youdale (@james_youdale)Wed, May 10 2017 19:09:17A1: When dealing in codes & specialised terminology, it's about implementing framework activities that encourage assimilation #lthechat
- — Em McIntosh (@emilythemac)Wed, May 10 2017 19:11:17
- — Anna Dolidze (@Dolidze_A)Wed, May 10 2017 19:12:33As long as good and detailed feedback is provided though. #LTHEchat https://twitter.com/chasing_ling/status/862384529847328770 …
- — Santanu Vasant (@santanuvasant)Wed, May 10 2017 19:13:16
- — Martin Rich (@MartinRich106)Wed, May 10 2017 19:15:59A1 #lthechat & don't underestimate practical issues. New students need to know where the course office is etc as well as subject knowledge
- — Andrew Middleton (@andrewmid)Wed, May 10 2017 19:16:02A1 There's a need to develop transition into uni and 1st yr induction to develop expectations abt learning in HE and capabilities #lthechat
- — Rachel Maxwell (@DrRachLTB)Wed, May 10 2017 19:16:05A1. How about reiterating things using video rather than written documents, pushed out over an extended time frame? #LTHEchat
- — Rachel Forsyth (@rmforsyth)Wed, May 10 2017 19:17:48
- — Dr Scott Turner (@scottturneruon)Wed, May 10 2017 19:18:51#lthechat A2 Carefully selected ones are invaluable, including being able to say 'I had that problem and..."
- — Haleh Moravej (@HalehMoravej)Wed, May 10 2017 19:19:16
- — Celia (@Content_Edu)Wed, May 10 2017 19:23:17A2: Provides an immediate sense of community. As a student I was introduced to a 'mentor' via letter in my welcome pack #LTHEchat https://twitter.com/LTHEchat/status/862385508621660161 …
#LTHEchat 83: Enhancing First Year Experiences
Join us, Diane Nutt, Ed Foster, and William Carey on the 10th of May at 8pm to discuss ‘Enhancing First Year Experiences’. This Twitter chat focuses on some of the ways we might support first year students with their transitions into and through the first year of higher education.