- Information for residents and visitor available from London Borough of Tower Hamlets http://www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/news__events/news/august_2015/unexploded_ww2_bomb.aspx …
- — Tower Hamlets MPS (@MPSTowerHam)Tue, Aug 11 2015 14:46:14Thankyou for your patience and cooperation. The bomb has been safely removed. Residents can return to their homes & the roads are now open.
- — BBC London Travel (@BBCTravelAlert)Tue, Aug 11 2015 14:38:57
- — TfL Traffic News (@TfLTrafficNews)Tue, Aug 11 2015 14:33:42Bethnal Green / WWII UXB - police confirm all road closures out, following UXB being made safe + transported from area.
- — Katrina Cimetta (@KatCimetta)Tue, Aug 11 2015 14:11:45
- — Edward Penington (@edpenington)Tue, Aug 11 2015 14:05:43@TowerHamletsNow thanks so much Tower Hamlets (especially your social media imp or imps) for being so good through this whole process :)
- — Christina Carlisi (@c_carlisi)Tue, Aug 11 2015 13:39:47
- — The Florist Arms (@TheFloristArms1)Tue, Aug 11 2015 13:35:19
- — Ministry of Defence (@DefenceHQ)Tue, Aug 11 2015 12:59:23Army: Unlike fine wine a 70 y/o bomb does not improve with age; it's potentially more dangerous today than the day it was made #BethnalGreen
- — Ari Shapiro (@arishapiro)Tue, Aug 11 2015 09:58:2575 y/o London man evacuated for WW2 bomb in Bethnal Green tells me he remembers the whistling noise they made when they fell. He was 3.
- — Rima Amin (@rima246)Tue, Aug 11 2015 09:55:59Thank you to all those who have worked through the night to keep us safe! http://www.buzzfeed.com/rima246/unexploded-ww2-bomb-in-bethnal-green-its-okay-1rxbj … #BethnalGreen
- — Fire Brigades Union (@fbunational)Tue, Aug 11 2015 09:22:02
- — TfL Traffic News (@TfLTrafficNews)Tue, Aug 11 2015 09:05:05Temple St (E2 ) still closed btwn Old Bethnal Green Rd & Hackney Rd (unexploded WW2 bomb). Cordons also are in place in the area.
- — Access Sport (@AccessSport)Tue, Aug 11 2015 08:58:26Our Bethnal Green (London) office is closed today due to the WW2 bomb evacuation. Please contact us via email... http://fb.me/ElYSil8l
Unexploded WWII bomb - Bethnal Green 10 Aug 2015
This storify captures key information from social media relating to the discovery, response and community reaction to an unexploded bomb in Bethnal Green. Read bottom to top to see how it all unfolded.