- This 'as it happened' Storify tells the story of the Bermondsey bomb and shows just how many organisations are involved in the response.
- To find out more about preparing for emergencies in London head to londonprepared.gov.uk
- — Roads&Transport MPS (@MPSRTPC)Mon, Mar 23 2015 10:11:30We are currently dealing with an incident at Grange Walk. Road closures are going in expect delays @TfLTrafficNews
- — TfL Traffic News (@TfLTrafficNews)Mon, Mar 23 2015 10:15:01In Bermondsey, due to a police incident on Grange Walk at The Grange, Grange Rd is shut at Tower Bridge Road. Expect delays in the area.
- — Lourens du Plessis (@lourensdp1)Mon, Mar 23 2015 10:25:11Excitement for the day: had to evacuate our flat this morning because they found an unexploded WWII bomb on the building site next door 😧
- — TfL Bus Alerts (@TfLBusAlerts)Mon, Mar 23 2015 10:30:25Routes 1, 78 are subject to diversion following the closure of Grange Road, SE1 at Alscot Road due to a security alert.
- — Laundrapp (@laundrapp)Mon, Mar 23 2015 10:40:34
- — Joe Morgan (@nottherealjoe)Mon, Mar 23 2015 11:13:22So apparently we might get evacuated from the office due to an unexploded World War 2 bomb. Just your average start to the work week.
- — ITV News London (@itvlondon)Mon, Mar 23 2015 11:27:40Unexploded WW2 bomb found close to Tower Bridge http://www.itv.com/news/london/update/2015-03-23/suspected-ww2-bomb-found-close-to-tower-bridge/ …
- — LBC Breaking (@lbcbreaking)Mon, Mar 23 2015 11:45:07An unexploded Second World War bomb has been found in Bermondsey in south London, causing road closures and buildings to be evacuated
- — Martin Tiedemann (@mtiedemann)Mon, Mar 23 2015 12:12:00Sat in Bermondsey oblivious to all the activity happening outside the office until I read on @se1 of an unexploded WWII bomb nearby!
Unexploded WWII bomb - Bermondsey 23.03.15
The storify captures some of the key information from social media relating to the discovery and response to an unexploded bomb in Bermondsey. Advice for residents: http://bit.ly/1ECyhqd or call 020 7525 0593