- Open Season 2015 was presented by the Human Rights Project of the Urban Justice Center and the National Black Theatre: Institute for Action Arts. Additional support was provided by The Studio Museum in Harlem, the International Center of Photography, NYU's Hemispheric Institute of Performance and Politics, Angela’s Pulse and Dancing While Black.
FEATURING:Lumumba Bandele | Ebony Noelle Golden | Nina Angela Mercer | Aimee Meredith Cox | Jacob Cohen | Paloma McGregor | Brittany L. Williams | Nakisha Lewis | and more!
Learn more about these collaborators at https://hrp.urbanjustice.org/openseason-collaborators ….
- — Shani Jamila (@shanijamila)Fri, Dec 04 2015 16:57:12Please join us for #OpenSeason2015 next Thursday! Free 99, but RSVP to guarantee your seat- https://hrp.urbanjustice.org/openseason15 https://twitter.com/studiomuseum/status/672536983676284928 …
- — Dancing While Black (@DancingWhileBlk)Sun, Dec 06 2015 20:57:40
- — Human Rights Project (@USA_HumanRights)Tue, Dec 08 2015 20:16:25
- — Dancing While Black (@DancingWhileBlk)Tue, Dec 08 2015 16:10:01
- — Dancing While Black (@DancingWhileBlk)Wed, Dec 09 2015 01:05:01
- — Human Rights Project (@USA_HumanRights)Wed, Dec 09 2015 17:57:18
- — Dancing While Black (@DancingWhileBlk)Wed, Dec 09 2015 20:54:01
- — Nicholas MacDonald (@NicholasCity)Thu, Dec 10 2015 16:32:32
- — A Nia Austin-Edwards (@KwanzaaKid)Thu, Dec 10 2015 23:08:30Be sure to tune in to @DancingWhileBlk 4 #OpenSeason2015 live tweets STARTING SOON. The gangs all here! #SayHerName https://twitter.com/dancingwhileblk/status/674693504841334784 …
- — Dancing While Black (@DancingWhileBlk)Thu, Dec 10 2015 23:12:37
- — Nakisha M. Lewis (@NakLew)Thu, Dec 10 2015 23:43:55I'm so excited for tonight's #openseason2015 dedicated to Black women and girls. You can live stream it! http://Hemisphericinstitute.org/hemi/en/hny-video …
- — Shani Jamila (@shanijamila)Thu, Dec 10 2015 23:46:39#OpenSeason2015 live streaming now! Tune in-- http://hemisphericinstitute.org/hemi/en/hny-video …
- — Dancing While Black (@DancingWhileBlk)Thu, Dec 10 2015 23:55:26"Asking...how to repel the ghosts of slavery and racism? And the answer is always - Itagua Meji, The Hard Way." #OpenSeason2015
- — Dancing While Black (@DancingWhileBlk)Thu, Dec 10 2015 23:58:31"I got grown playing savior to my daughter's father...because he was still beautiful to me." #OpenSeason2015
- — Dancing While Black (@DancingWhileBlk)Thu, Dec 10 2015 23:59:49"They say I plot my come up in food stamps and social services, nah! I plot my come up in dreams..." #OpenSeason2015
OPEN SEASON 2015, curated by Shani Jamila
Thursday, December 10th at 6:00pm – An evening of art, performance, and conversation about women and girls in our country’s culture of confinement. This thought-provoking Human Rights Day program, curated by Shani Jamila, marked the anniversary of the signing of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights!!
byA. Nia Austin-Edward150 Views