- What does that mean? You search for a topic you need help with and chose a "teacher" that can explain you whatever you need to know. For example, you can request a Wardrobe Stylist consultation, Spanish lesson or get support for home repair. The teacher sets a price for their time spent with you and Google gets chunk of that money, naturally.
- Looks pretty cool, right? Many people think so, others not so much. Reactions from both camps have been quite strong.Here is a snapshot of the main arguments:
New or Old?While some declare the new marketplace for real-time help a game-changer...
- Others accuse Google of copying their Startup idea...
- And some are simply not sure what we can expect from it.
Community or Business?Are Google Helpouts going to help people find useful advice or will the space will overloaded with "retail heavy-hitters" trying to gain more visibility?
- It's quite hard to say at this stage. Google Helpouts already offer some great expert tips for free.
- At the same time, many small businesses will turn to this platform to promote their services and use it as yet another way to try and grab attention of their potential customers.
Awesome or Lame?
- What do you think?