- There's been alot of talk about "Toxic Twitter Wars" between progressives.People who should seem like "allies" start doing shit that makes you wonder "who's side are you on, anyways"?It's very hard to be allied with people who can't even acknowledge their own privilege and will fight tooth and nail to keep it.Now, it's no secret I'm not a fan of the NDP in general. They come off to me as champagne sipping, silk stocking socialists who are only "progressive" because it makes them feel warm and cuddly inside, but god forbid they actually do anything to make fundamental changes that would remove their own privilege.If you ask me, they see the poor and underprivileged as pets to be pitied, not equals to be championed and god forbid those "pets" bark back.Case in point: Take a look at what went down last night when we turned our attention to Olivia Chow's pathetic photo-op and introduction of "Gun violence" into the mayoral election.
- — Don Peat (@reporterdonpeat)Mon, Jul 14 2014 17:32:41"What Ms. Chow doesn't seem to understand is that criminals and gang members don't obey the law" John Tory statement on Olivia Chow #TOpoli
- — Don Peat (@reporterdonpeat)Mon, Jul 14 2014 17:33:20"Calling for such a ban isn't leadership. It's an empty gesture" John Tory on Olivia Chow's call for handgun ban #TOpoli
- — Septembre Anderson (@SeptembreA)Mon, Jul 14 2014 18:52:05
- Enter Ward 2 City Council candidate Andray Domise, who's way more eloquent in his critique than I.
- — Andray A. Domise (@AndrayDomiseTO)Mon, Jul 14 2014 23:42:22Has there been a drastic uptick of gun violence I'm not aware of? Why are we discussing this, exactly? Is it relevant to TO issues? #TOpoli
- — Andray A. Domise (@AndrayDomiseTO)Mon, Jul 14 2014 23:43:19I don't think the issue is whether a candidate is for or against carrying guns in Toronto. The issue is whether the discussion is warranted.
- — Andray A. Domise (@AndrayDomiseTO)Mon, Jul 14 2014 23:44:24Gun violence and murder has been falling precipitously since 2005, after several well-placed community and police initiatives #TOpoli
- — Andray A. Domise (@AndrayDomiseTO)Mon, Jul 14 2014 23:45:29So why are we talking about guns, when gun violence is declining? Because it's a polarizing issue that immediately gets people's backs up.
- — Andray A. Domise (@AndrayDomiseTO)Mon, Jul 14 2014 23:47:11I've lost friends to gun violence, so have many others in TO's African Canadian community. We understand this issue at ground level #topoli
- — Andray A. Domise (@AndrayDomiseTO)Mon, Jul 14 2014 23:48:04Problem is, when we raise guns as an issue to be argued, we drag gangs into the conversation. When we talk about gangs, who do we envision?
- — Andray A. Domise (@AndrayDomiseTO)Mon, Jul 14 2014 23:49:28
- — Andray A. Domise (@AndrayDomiseTO)Mon, Jul 14 2014 23:50:01Because, after all the work the African Canadian, Caribbean, and South Asian communities have done to correct course, here we are again.
With Friends Like These...
The dangers of clueless and privileged "Progressives" and the fully clued in, morally bankrupt "Progressive" politicians who enable them.
byKen Bryan1 Like862 Views