- This is a recap of #createlounge, a chat for this community of fierce creatives to connect. Whether you participated in the chat and want a summary or you want to see what you missed, here are the highlights of the chat on 7/29/15 on Creating Outlines. Enjoy!
- — Kayla Hollatz (@kayla_hollatz)Thu, Jul 30 2015 00:08:56Q1: Do you like to create outlines before you start writing + creating or do you like to jump right into a project? #createlounge
- We had a pretty even mix! Some said they liked an outline:
- Others would rather jump right in:
- — Amanda Folk (@SunshineChasing)Thu, Jul 30 2015 00:10:45A1: I usually jump right in. I could probably benefit from some colorful outlining though. I tend to feel scatterbrained! #createlounge
- — WhiteCornerCreative (@wcornercreative)Thu, Jul 30 2015 00:12:52A1: I've never been much of an outliner. I jot down ideas and headings, but then I dive right into writing and edit later. #createlounge
- Do outlines have benefits?
- Here are some great takeaways from outlines!
- — Kimberly Herrington (@kimherrington_)Thu, Jul 30 2015 00:18:08A2 Outlining allows you to plan strategically to achieve your biggest, hardest goals and always be contributing to your dream. #createlounge
- — Marissa Burdett (@MarissaBurdett)Thu, Jul 30 2015 00:19:59A2: I am much more organized. Outlining helps me see the bigger picture for future posts + make sure I'm not missing holes #createlounge
- — Victoria Jackson (@thecapitalv)Thu, Jul 30 2015 00:20:05A2: Outlining is great for focusing your content. It's easier to fill in the blanks vs being all over the place. #createlounge
- — Let's Talk Lady Biz (@LetsTalkLadyBiz)Thu, Jul 30 2015 00:19:07A2: creating a more structured piece of content. Also making sure you don't miss anything #createlounge
- — Chris M Todd (@IamChrisTodd)Thu, Jul 30 2015 00:20:07A2) outlines let me know I have something worth writing. Have lots of aborted drafts because I didn't know where it was going. #createlounge
- Next question!
- Biggest takeaway: everyone's outlines look different! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- — Krystal (@perfectenough4)Thu, Jul 30 2015 00:25:26A3 - I outline for my eBook and it always starts with chapter ideas / topics to cover. Then goes into more detail for each. #createlounge
#createlounge | 7/29/15
Topic: Creating Outlines. Host: Kayla Hollatz (@kayla_hollatz)
byKayla Hollatz1 Like304 Views