- This is a recap of #createlounge, a chat for this community of fierce creatives to connect. Whether you participated in the chat and want a summary or you want to see what you missed, here are the highlights of the chat on 7/1/15 on Rest in the Creative Process. Enjoy!
- These were such important reasons to rest.
- — Emily Salshutz (@printemshop)Thu, Jul 02 2015 00:09:36A1: Rest restores my energy + allows me to remember why I love being creative. You get to miss it, not dread it! #createlounge
- — Nicole G. (@whatnicolewore)Thu, Jul 02 2015 00:11:39
- — Allison Barclay (@allisonmbarclay)Thu, Jul 02 2015 00:10:58A1 You can't force yourself to constantly come up with new ideas.You'll be buying a one-way ticket to Burnoutville if you try #createlounge
- — Marissa Burdett (@MarissaBurdett)Thu, Jul 02 2015 00:11:17A1: Just like with exercise, you need rest in order to allow growth to happen. Give your brain time to generate ideas! #createlounge
- — Emma Dahl (@socialemma)Thu, Jul 02 2015 00:15:11
- So we know that rest important but how do we take breaks with intention?
- These participants had awesome tips!
- — Amber Burns (@AmberSB_)Thu, Jul 02 2015 00:15:51A2: If I'm really struggling, I'll put them on my to-do list on in my calendar so I know there is designated downtime #createlounge
- — Lisa Butler (@elembee_)Thu, Jul 02 2015 00:15:58A2 I have a pretty hard no working on weekends or holidays rule. At bare minimum, I need at least one break day a week. #createlounge
- — APessimistInRecovery (@MsWalton)Thu, Jul 02 2015 00:16:16A2) I close the laptop and find something else to do. If that doesn't work, I use my ClearFocus app to work + take breaks. #createlounge
- — Chelcey Tate (@chelceytate)Thu, Jul 02 2015 00:17:28A2: I try to take a 5 min break every hour to get up + step away ... It's the easiest way I've found! #createlounge https://twitter.com/kayla_hollatz/status/616399604079312896 …
- — Beverly Bean (@heybeverlybean)Thu, Jul 02 2015 00:17:54A2: I've been trying to learn to call it a night earlier. Helps with actually being productive + getting more rest! #createlounge
- But resting makes us feel guilty sometimes. How do we stop those thoughts from creeping up?
- Since I have trouble with this too, I thought these responses were extra helpful.
- — Taylor DuVall (@taylynneduvall)Thu, Jul 02 2015 00:24:39
- — Jennifer (@StyledLifePR)Thu, Jul 02 2015 00:27:58A3: Remind yourself that you might actually jeopardize the content of your work if you don't take time to relax and reset. #createlounge
#createlounge | 7/1/15
Topic: Rest in the Creative Process. Host: Kayla Hollatz (@kayla_hollatz)
byKayla Hollatz1 Like59 Views