- This is a recap of #createlounge, a chat for this community of fierce creatives to connect. Whether you participated in the chat and want a summary or you want to see what you missed, here are the highlights of the chat on 2/25/15 on Non-Techie SEO for Bloggers. Enjoy!
- Here were some great tool recommendations:
- — Caitlin Brehm (@CaitlinBrehm)Thu, Feb 26 2015 01:10:14Google Analytics is the most in-depth to monitor traffic, but WP dashboard & Squarespace analytics are great for the basics #createlounge
- — Whitney @ EHFAR (@imatriplethreat)Thu, Feb 26 2015 01:14:43A1: I use Google Analytics for traffic and for SEO, I use Yoast (makes everything easy peasy) #createlounge
- Put those tools to the test with the next question!
- — Kayla Hollatz (@kayla_hollatz)Thu, Feb 26 2015 01:17:13Q2: Where do most of your readers/followers come from? (Example: organic search, specific social media platform, etc.) #createlounge
- Pinterest seemed to be a biggest referrer of traffic!
- — Jamie Starcevich (@SpruceRd)Thu, Feb 26 2015 01:21:36A2: Most of my traffic comes from Pinterest, followed by twitter and bloglovin! Looking for ways to increase it though! #createlounge
- But here were some other answers!
- — Devan Tomchek (@DevanTomchek)Thu, Feb 26 2015 01:21:05A2: Twitter and Instagram are my two biggest platforms right now. Hoping to start getting searches once my blog is up! #createlounge
- — Molly Moon Burton (@missmollymoon1)Thu, Feb 26 2015 01:23:09A2: My traffic is mainly direct links from social media, a smaller amount from search engines. #createlounge
- Then we focused on keywords.
- — Kayla Hollatz (@kayla_hollatz)Thu, Feb 26 2015 01:24:34Q3: If you could boil your blog/site down to three "keywords" (or phrases) that people might be searching, what would they be? #createlounge
- — Caitlin Brehm (@CaitlinBrehm)Thu, Feb 26 2015 01:19:46Use Google Webmaster Tools to see what keywords/terms people are searching to find your website in Google searches #createlounge
- Whitney did a great job at optimizing for local search!
- — Whitney @ EHFAR (@imatriplethreat)Thu, Feb 26 2015 01:26:39A3: Mine would be fashion, Lexington Kentucky, and photography OR couples, Lexington Kentucky, and photography #createlounge
- Here were some more interesting keywords.
#createlounge | 2/25/15
Topic: Non-Techie SEO for Bloggers Host: Kayla Hollatz (@kayla_hollatz) Special Guest: Caitlin Brehm (@CaitlinBrehm)
byKayla Hollatz1 Like216 Views