- — caper (@wearecaper)Thu, May 23 2013 09:08:26
- — Helen K Jeffrey (@imhelenj)Thu, May 23 2013 07:38:19
- The day started with some 'speed-dating': getting to know each other's skills and what people want to get out of the day.
- The challenges identified at the first KCI Creative Lab on 3 May were written on the walls for groups to chose between.
- — Lauren Parker (@LParker_tweets)Thu, May 23 2013 09:12:58King’s academics, arts organisations and creative technologists choosing the challenges that excite them the most #kcilabs
- — caper (@wearecaper)Thu, May 23 2013 09:36:35A group merging 2 into 1: How can we nurture & sustain spaces for collective creative & critical thought in the digital world? #kcilabs ...
- Then out came the post-its as groups were told to come up with as many potential solutions to their challenge as possible.
- — Katie Brown (@KatieBrown161)Thu, May 23 2013 10:52:18Time for the groups to swap ideas with another group to push each other's ideas forwards and turn them into something tangible #kcilabs
- There were plenty of fascinating suggestions for projects.
- — Lauren Parker (@LParker_tweets)Thu, May 23 2013 11:27:43Great idea. Haptic technology allowing you to feel Edmund de Waal throwing pots aka ‘a robotic Patrick Swayze’ #kcilabs
- — caper (@wearecaper)Thu, May 23 2013 13:34:01Projected graffiti in museum/galleries as playful provocation to explore how constructive, critical voices can be heard by the org. #kcilabs
- — Katie Brown (@KatieBrown161)Thu, May 23 2013 10:04:54Can we create a 'museum of the self' based on emails, digital photos, social media and blogs? #kcilabs
- — Lauren Parker (@LParker_tweets)Thu, May 23 2013 11:34:06Could you use twitter for live surtitling of performances. Eg. Simultaneous translation of opera? #kcilabs
- After lunch, groups began to focus on the one idea they wanted to pitch for a bursary, and worked on paper prototypes.
- — caper (@wearecaper)Thu, May 23 2013 13:32:24Groups are starting to refine the challenge they want to explore over the next hour, & decide what they might pitch to our panel. #kcilabs
On 23 May 2013 King's Cultural Institute and Caper brought together academics, artists, curators and creative technologists to create innovative collaborative projects.
byKatie Brown64 Views