- — Miranda Lambert (@mirandalambert)Thu, Apr 18 2013 06:02:33#PrayForWest.... I don't understand all this craziness in the world right now. Lord please heal the bodies and hearts.
- — Rep. Bill Flores (@RepBillFlores)Thu, Apr 18 2013 05:21:25If you are able to donate blood- Providence Hospital will have a blood drive in Waco from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. #prayforwest
- — Jessica Vess (@JessicaV_KVUE)Thu, Apr 18 2013 13:39:37POLICE: #WestExplosion damage includes 50-75 homes, numerous businesses, an apartment complex & lots of cars. Some were leveled
- — Kris Betts (@KrisB_KVUE)Thu, Apr 18 2013 04:04:08Just left Hillcrest Hospital in Waco- 300 more employees calledin to help, Sykora Ford Dealership in West is opening up doors to survivors.
- — WFAA TV (@wfaachannel8)Thu, Apr 18 2013 02:53:07Our @JasonWhitely reports dispatcher in West telling emergency crews to back away from fire because of concern due to chemicals.
- — Red Cross DFW (@RedCrossDFW)Thu, Apr 18 2013 02:32:37Our teams are on the way to West, Texas, along with @CenTexRedCross. Keep good thoughts for all of the families! More to come.
- — Jason Whitely (@JasonWhitely)Thu, Apr 18 2013 01:27:59#BREAKING: The blast from West, Texas felt as far north as Midlothian. Police, fire in North TX counties sending mutual aid to Hill Co. now.
- — Justin McBurney (@JustinMcBurney)Thu, Apr 18 2013 01:46:26A fertilizer plant about an hour away from me just had an explosion... The 3 story building I'm in... wobbled!
Fertilizer plant explosion in West, Texas
A powerful explosion rocked the town of West, Texas, 19 miles north of Waco, on Wednesday evening. The Texas Department of Public Safety confirmed there were multiple injuries. No reliable numbers were available, but that figure is expected to be in the hundreds.
byKVUE1 Like43,323 Views