- Update 3/16/13 - This story is now in chronological order so that you can follow Friday's developments with the Galena Fire in order from the start.
- — Larimer Sheriff (@LarimerSheriff)Fri, Mar 15 2013 11:16:10We can confirm a small fire just outside Lory State Park. Resources on scene. 1 structure affected, but to what degree is unknown.
- — Poudre Fire (@poudrefire)Fri, Mar 15 2013 11:26:37PFA can confirm vegetation fire, Galena Ct in the Soldier Canyon area outside Lory State Park. Capt. Patrick Love has PIO duties. Will...
- Weather conidtions in Fort Collins: 72°, 19% humidity and wind near 7 mph
- — Larimer Sheriff (@LarimerSheriff)Fri, Mar 15 2013 11:41:26Fire advisement notification has gone out to 281 devices in area of Soldier Canyon. This is NOT a mandatory evacuation notice..
- — Larimer Sheriff (@LarimerSheriff)Fri, Mar 15 2013 11:42:16only residents being contacted directly by law enforcement or fire personnel on scene are being requested to evacuate...
- — Larimer Sheriff (@LarimerSheriff)Fri, Mar 15 2013 11:49:31
From the Larimer Sheriff emergency page:"We have a fire buring in and around the Soldier Canyon area west of Horsetooth Rservoir. Poudre Fire Authority and Larimer County Emergency Services and Lory State Park employees are responding and on scene. Apparently at least 40+ acres are now involved with at least one structure having been affected. Unknown if this is a house or not and the extent of involvement. We also have sent emergency phone notifications to the area advising residents of the situation and some residents have been evacuated by fire personnel and Deputies on scene."
- Fire Officials have named this fire the Soldier Canyon Fire. The hashtag to follow is now #soldiercanyonfire