- Presented By: Max Maclean and Ran Stallard
- If we’d handwritten and posted this information, you’d be up to 3300% more likely to open it than if we’d just emailed. ‘Handmade’ could be the next big marketing trend. Why? Handwritten materials have an astonishing opening rate (98%), an equally silly read rate and they ooze two things digital lacks: personality and worth. Using original research, interviews with entrepreneurs and live experiments we’ll expose the theory behind handmade communications and explain how UK start ups are beginning to monetise it; including one which aims to only employ ex-cons and the homeless. Explore how the future of marketing could be rooted in the past with an O&M London Creative Team.
Notes gathered from attendees:
- — Ogilvy London Lab (@Ogilvy_Lon_Lab)Fri, Mar 11 2016 18:40:53The wonderful @RanAndMax doing @OgilvyUK proud! Lots of laughs and swearing so far of course 👌 #screwemail #sxsw https://twitter.com/gkmilne1/status/708361542723641345 …
- — Norah Carroll (@norahcarroll)Fri, Mar 11 2016 18:58:20There's a reason mailing addresses cost 4x more to buy than email addresses -- handwritten letters have a 99% open rate. #ScrewEmail
- — Pete Nellius (@peternellius)Fri, Mar 11 2016 19:02:59
- — Norah Carroll (@norahcarroll)Fri, Mar 11 2016 19:11:03
- — Norah Carroll (@norahcarroll)Fri, Mar 11 2016 19:12:23
- — Jeremy Dalton (@jeremycdalton)Fri, Mar 11 2016 19:17:05Digital standardisation has killed our natural flair - there is little personality and emotion compared to the handwritten note #screwemail
- — Jeremy Dalton (@jeremycdalton)Fri, Mar 11 2016 19:26:29
Screw Email! Why the Clever Comms Are Handmade - SXSW Recap
Friday, March 11, 2016 - 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
byKatie Kelly61 Views