- School Board Election
- Christine King, Melvin Balse, Rex Cone and Paul Cushing ran for two seats on the Columbia Public School Board. King ran as an incumbent. King won a seat with 42.36% of the vote and Cushing won the other available seat with 21.15%. Many candidates celebrated the election night in restaurants around Columbia.
- The first votes that came in were absentee ballots.
- The second round of votes show King and Cushing in the lead.
- — Elizabeth Trovall (@elizTrovall)Wed, Apr 04 2012 01:50:36King's Election Day: Kids to school, volunteer meetings, walk dog, CPS transit meeting, got ready, election party. "A relaxing day."
- The final tally of votes confirmed that King and Cushing won seats on the school board.
Mid-MO Election Coverage - April 3, 2012
Our team of tech-savvy reporters canvassed mid-Missouri Tuesday night to cover the many races. For each race, check out tweets from our reporters and other local news orgs as they happened.