- — Joe Mazza (@Joe_Mazza)Thu, Oct 23 2014 01:07:48Q1- Diversity in our country is our greatest strength & our greatest challenge. What does this mean to u & your school community? #ptchat
- — S. Kwesi Rollins (@Kwesibaby58)Thu, Oct 23 2014 01:11:18#ptchat a1. means we must avoid making assumptions and recognize that gifts and wisdom can be present anywhere and from anyone
- — Nakisha Hobbs (@VLA_Principal)Thu, Oct 23 2014 01:11:18Nakisha checking in from Chicago. Diversity means acknowledging differences & developing inclusive policies. #ptchat
- — Alissa Smith (@CappiesCorner)Thu, Oct 23 2014 01:11:27
- — everyparent (@everyparent)Thu, Oct 23 2014 01:11:28
- — Melinda D. Anderson (@mdawriter)Thu, Oct 23 2014 01:11:31A1: And "diversity" misnomer. Not just integrated classrooms. It's creating culture shift where Ss of color are valued and accepted. #ptchat
- — Geniene Delahunty (@GenieneD)Thu, Oct 23 2014 01:11:39A1 Embracing diversity (assets and challenges) pushes me to be comfortable being uncomfortable daily! wouldn't want it any other way #ptchat
- — Jon Harper (@Jonharper70bd)Thu, Oct 23 2014 01:11:41#ptchat a1. I don't get any smarter just listening to my own thoughts. Diversity helps me stretch and it makes life more interesting.
- — Jim Detwiler (@JimDetwiler1)Thu, Oct 23 2014 01:11:42A1: Diversity brings rich multiple experiences, perspectives, but only if we see, honor the individuals that synergize the whole #ptchat
- — Jai-bae Escalante (@TheJLV)Thu, Oct 23 2014 01:11:47A1 - Diversity is a code word for ppl of color, but in the truest sense, our school isn't diverse. Mostly Dominican students. #PTchat
- — Tony Sinanis (@TonySinanis)Thu, Oct 23 2014 01:11:48
- — Christian SL Padgett (@SoontobeEdD)Thu, Oct 23 2014 01:12:01#PTchat A1: I think for my school it is a matter of exposing the Ss to other cultures/races. 4 many of them, they have similar backgrounds
- — Khalilah Harris (@Ed2BeFree)Thu, Oct 23 2014 01:12:21A1 When we are more intentional w/ how schools can serve the greater good, like disrupting systemic racism we will be better served #PTchat
Addressing Differences - Race, Culture & Class - #PTchat 10/22/14
Student, teacher, parent, school board, principal, superintendent & community member perspectives to consider in taking family engagement efforts to the next level.
byDr. Joe Mazza17 Views