- — Adeline Koh (@adelinekoh)Fri, Apr 06 2012 21:23:59
- — Adeline Koh (@adelinekoh)Fri, Apr 06 2012 21:29:24@anneperez it's a good question. I think most dh-ers would say it would be dh if students were asked to reflect on the dig form+
- — Adeline Koh (@adelinekoh)Fri, Apr 06 2012 21:30:07@anneperez how it shaped their production/repr of this knowledge/data. If its simply a reproduction of a print project, then prob no.
- — Annemarie Perez (@anneperez)Fri, Apr 06 2012 21:31:27@adelinekoh Hmm. In my class we looked at Chicana print cultures of the 60s-90s by creating a hypertext blog culture of our own.
- — Paige Morgan (@paigecmorgan)Fri, Apr 06 2012 21:42:32@adelinekoh Assuming that the assignment involves thinking critically about the diff. b/t content for a website vs. printed page, then yes!
- — Profess Moravec (@ProfessMoravec)Fri, Apr 06 2012 21:52:47
- — Annemarie Perez (@anneperez)Fri, Apr 06 2012 22:18:52
- — Annemarie Perez (@anneperez)Fri, Apr 06 2012 22:17:24@triproftri We're looking at historical Chicana feminist print culture (60s-90s) & creating our own hyper textual community. It's been fun.
- — Katherine D. Harris (@triproftri)Fri, Apr 06 2012 22:38:07@anneperez hmm, since you're creating something/building it with students & u have an infrastructure already, it seems DH.
- — Annemarie Perez (@anneperez)Fri, Apr 06 2012 22:39:51@triproftri Thanks for the feedback. :) It's been an interesting way to look at the history of print cultures / textual communities.
- — Katherine D. Harris (@triproftri)Fri, Apr 06 2012 22:56:16@anneperez looks cool & interesting contributions for students. keep track of the situations arising & write about it!
And a few days later the thread is picked up again:
- — Jesse Stommel (@Jessifer)Sat, Apr 07 2012 20:53:40
- — RogerTravis (@RogerTravis)Sat, Apr 07 2012 20:53:49
The Anatomy of Digital Humanities (#dighum) and Digital Pedagogy (#digped)
Sifting through and storifying this conversation on Twitter quickly became an exercise in dissecting the many layers of Digital Humanities and Digital Pedagogy. It also made me realize just how elaborate (but still focused) the threads of a Twitter discussion can be.
byJesse Stommel1 Like580 Views