- It started innocently enough with a few sentences I threw out to the Twitterverse in the wee hours on a Thursday. Had been thinking about friends and colleagues that are brilliant teachers and wondering why they keep getting pushed out of academia. And why some of them have come to the conclusion that academia is not hospitable to them. It's a weird contradiction -- that in many institutions of higher learning, the folks most passionate about teaching and learning often get overlooked or even aggressively pushed out.
- — Jesse Stommel (@Jessifer)Fri, Dec 28 2012 02:27:58Higher education pushes out the exact wrong people. Those wrong people are about to rise up. We need more right leaders of wrong.
- — Jesse Stommel (@Jessifer)Fri, Dec 28 2012 02:37:36@readywriting Let's have a pedagogy-in, like a kiss-in but with good pedagogy. :) And, yes, a walk-out, but all bring our students with...
- — Lee Skallerup (@readywriting)Fri, Dec 28 2012 02:39:01@Jessifer You'd need to reach critical mass for it to make a difference. And, most adjuncts are (rightfully) afraid.
- — Jesse Stommel (@Jessifer)Fri, Dec 28 2012 02:51:40
- — Tanya T. Sasser (@TanyaSasser)Fri, Dec 28 2012 02:56:14
- — Tanya T. Sasser (@TanyaSasser)Fri, Dec 28 2012 03:01:01
Right Leaders of Wrong
A short conversation on Twitter about the oncoming revolution in Higher Education.
byJesse Stommel3 Likes701 Views