- The questions for this week's chat:
Q1. How has your #ESN matured in the last year? What are some of the signs?
Q2. What are some trends in ESNs you’re seeing? Are they helpful or not?
Q3. Where do internal & external communities differ the most from each other? Where are they most similar?
Q4. What knowledge/skills are more critical for an #ESN community manager than for an external #cmgr?
Q5. What can we learn from best-in-class ESNs? What makes one “best-in-class”?
- — Jennifer Honig (@jhonig1)Thu, Jun 30 2016 18:01:10Hi - Jennifer Honig, Techstra Solutions & one of your co-hosts - tweeting from Vegas today and yes I am hanging by the pool! #esnchat
- — Catherine Shinners (@catshinners)Thu, Jun 30 2016 18:01:43
- — #ESNchat (@ESNchat)Thu, Jun 30 2016 18:01:54If you haven't yet read the #SOCM2016 report for today's #ESNchat, here it is --> http://www.communityroundtable.com/research/the-state-of-community-management/socm2016/ …
- — Ted McEnroe (@tmcenroe)Thu, Jun 30 2016 18:02:46Hi everyone, it's great to be here. A little background - this is actually our 7th annual State of Community Management report. #esnchat
Your ESN and the 2016 State of Community Management Report with Ted McEnroe from The Community Roundtable - June 29, 20
We love the great work of the folks at The Community Roundtable for many reasons. One is the great research they do such as the annual State of Community Management Report. For this #ESNchat we asked Ted McEnroe of TheCR to join us to discuss this year's survey findings related to ESNs.
byJeff Ross45 Views