- February 2018! The year is going by quickly. We are just wrapping up Term 1 and report cards are coming home the end of the week. Please take an opportunity to review the report with your child and recognize their growth and further opportunities to set goals for the next term. We really appreciate the partnership with families as we work towards a common goal of helping students achieve their highest potential.
- I just wanted to say thank-you to Mrs. Lee and Mr. Thompson for running the Art Club since fall. Mr. R. Roach has been running a music club at breaks. As well, thank-you to Mr. Kells and Mr. Saylor for coaching our Intermediate basketball teams. They are just going into play-off time. Mrs. Krutschke and Mrs. Hennessy are just starting tryouts for a spring musical, "The Phantom of the Music Room". Mrs. Vandenberg and Madame Sider are working with student council to plan a winter event.
- Our intermediate students are getting excited about the trip to Ottawa, they will be away February 12-14 visiting our nation's capital. Lots of great learning opportunities and time together. Thank-you to Ms. deWaard, Mr. Train, Mme. Sider, Mr. Thompson and Mrs. Milton for chaperoning and leaving their own families for three days to supervise.
- Our breakfast club has been running for two months now. We want to take this opportunity to thank JW Furness, a local business which has decided to partner with us to co-sponsor Friday breakfasts. Thank-you JW Furness! We are also excited to announce that we now have a partnership with Niagara Nutrition Partners. They are supporting us financially and with some equipment to help our program run. The program is for all students, and everyone is welcome, even if they already had breakfast. We do ask that students not arrive before 8:30am so our team is able to set-up and provide appropriate supervision. Thank-you to the many parents who do our shopping and come each morning to prepare food and serve our students. Thanks to Ms. Trish for taking care of the extra set-up and clean-up in the gym.
- While we have already hosted open house on on February 1st, it isn't too late to register and setup a visit for students who will be turning 4 in 2018 and are eligible to start school. Please contact the office and we will share the information and plan a visit!
- Thursday, February 01 - Kindergarten Open House
- Friday, February 02 - Groundhog Day
- Friday, February 09 - Grades 1-8 Term One Reports Cards go home
- Friday, February 16 - Professional Development Day for our staff. There will be no classes for our students