- October is here, and we feel the change to fall weather. We have had a wonderful start-up and I want to thank all our families for their support and involvement as we work to support our students to achieve their best.
- Some highlights from September include our Meet the Staff/Bookfair/BBQ. We really appreciate having so many families out to meet our staff. Again, thank-you to Sean McNamara and the Bibb's BBQ crew for volunteering their time to provide the food and raise funds for technology for our students.
- Cross Country has been running this past month as well as co-ed soccer. Mrs. Morrison and Mr. Saylor have been coaching and the first meet was last week. There is a second meet this week and students in the top 10 may be invited to move on the the upcoming DSBN meet. Mr. Train took our intermediate team for a 1 day soccer tournament earlier this month, and Mr. Kells took the junior team last week. Both did very well and we are proud of how our students represented Stevensville Public School.
- I also want to thank the parents who volunteered for Bingo shifts this past month and through the summer. Mrs. M. LaPlante, Mrs. H. Munn, Mrs. L. Iuliano Fougere, Mrs. L. Leach and Mrs. B. Mott, As well, thank-you to those on staff who have taken shifts, Mr. A. Thompson and his wife, Mrs. Buck, Mrs. M. Morrish, Mrs. S. de Waard, Mrs. Krutschke, Mrs. Hennessey and Mrs.Milton.
- This Friday is the P.A. Day and there are no classes for students. Staff will be reviewing student data and planning instruction to address identified student needs. Monday is the Thanksgiving holiday and Wednesday, October 11th we will be hosting an "I Matter" assembly at 1:40pm for primary students and at 2:30pm we will gather the junior and intermediate students. We are hoping to host something similar each month to provide an opportunity to recognize specific students in each class.
- We held our first meeting on Tuesday, September 26 and elected our council for the 2017-2018 school year. Our chair is Mrs. Diana Woehl, Treasurer is Mrs. Brittney Mott, and our secretary will be Mrs. Mallory Milton. We invite all parents to join us for the next meeting on Tuesday, October 24th, 6:00pm-7:15pm in our library at the school. This is a great opportunity to hear what is going on and offer your input and ideas to support our students.
Orange Shirt Day
- We had an assembly on Friday and Mrs. Menard came back to visit and share the story behind Orange Shirt Day. Students had some good questions and it was a great opportunity to come together in a spirit of reconciliation and hope because every child matters.
Problem Solving At Stevensville PS
- As a school we are trying to find every number between 1 and 20 using only four 4's and any operation. Maybe you can help us?
Parent Involvement Conference (PIC)
- We are encouraging all families to attend the Parent Involvement Conference coming up Wednesday, November st. It is hosted at Eden High School in St.Catharines. There is no cost to attend and childcare and dinner is included.