- Principal: Mr. James Willms
- Vice Principal: Mrs. Katie Racey
- Please Check Out Our Webpage: stevensville.dsbn.org/
- Follow Us On Twitter: @PSStevensville
School Climate Survey 2016-2017
STUDENT AND PARENT SURVEY INFORMATION
The schoolclimate survey is an opportunity for students and parents to provide informationabout their experiences of school safety, acceptance, inclusion, and well-being. It is a web-based survey that guaranteesanonymity of the respondents. A summary of results will be shared withstaff, School Councils, and Safe Schools Teams for planning purposes.
A safe, inclusive and accepting school creates anenvironment for students to do their best in the classroom and beyond. Hearing the student and parent ‘voice’ is keyto the development and implementation of school and board level improvementplans. Students and parentsparticipating in the survey will not be asked for any personal information thatwill reveal their identity.
Who? When? Where?
· The DSBN will be surveying all students inGrades 4 to 12 from April 24 to May 19.
· The parent survey will be available via a “School Climate Survey” link on the school’swebsite from May 1 to May 19.
· Parents will be required to enter the SurveyAccess Code _1-ASM-186-X_ to participate in the school’s survey.
· The survey must be completed in one sitting.
For more information about the school climate surveys, please visit:
The Learning Bar at thelearningbar.com for student survey information
The Ministry of Education at www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/parents/climate … for parent survey information
If you require further information, please contact yourchild’s school.
We value your voice and we thank you in advance for your participation!
- Dental screening is available to all children in Niagara from birth up to 17 years of age, and is done in accordance with the Ontario Public Health Standards.
Our community dental health programs are designed to support and encourage your efforts to provide the best dental health for your children.
In-School ScreeningsStevensville PS is hosting dental screenings for children in kindergarten and grades 2, 4, 6, and 8 on May 23rd and May 24th afternoon.
Screenings are done by registered dental hygienists from public health
Sterilized mouth mirrors are used for each student
You will be notified by telephone or mail should your child require urgent dental care or preventive dental service
Dental screenings are visual assessments only and do not replace your child's regular dental examination with a dentist.
Participation is Optional
Every year, all parents with children in elementary schools receive a letter indicating if their child's grade is scheduled to participate this year.
- Contact our dental program at 905-688-8248 or 1-888-505-6074 ext. 7962, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to:
- Opt-out: Your child's grade is participating, but you wish your child to not participate (you must let us know every year)
Opt-in: Your child's grade is not participating, but you wish your child to participate
- If your child has a dental problem (cavities, pain or infection), call the dental program to make an appointment. You do not have to wait for the school screening visit.
- Claudia, Kristen, Faith, Charlotte and Taylor with Ms. Swanson at the Connect Conference. "Girls in STEM grow up to be women who shape the future" (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
Grade Ones Are Silent
- The grade one class, with Mrs. VanderWerf, raised money by planning A DAY OF SILENCE to raise money and awareness for children whose voices go unheard.